Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do dumb people call intelligent people names? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    lmao!!! Dumb also means stupid or unintelligent.

Similar to how one runs a company, or runs to catch a bus. Both words are the same, but in different contexts.
    Oh silly me... :facepalm:

However calling people dumb, is also rude. So I think this thread is pretty much a hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    So calling people a swot is not judgmental?
    Yes, but I don't like to use the same word in a sentence twice. I made it clear I wasn't fond of either brand of namecalling, but that insulting someone's hobby or drive is imo 'better' than dismissing someone's whole life.

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done that, know it's a pain, but just keep working and focus on your ultimate goals. Im sure that many other people who have good grades have been ridiculed out of jealousy, so dont worry about it, its a rite of passage!

Only worry for the respect of those who you respect my friend, dont worry for for anyone elses respect!

Stay focused =D

ReputationRep:
    Eh, one of life's mysteries I guess. Oh no wait, it's because stupidity increases in tandem with ignorance. Or something. Whatever, just be happy with who you are already, and all that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAWWWW!!! Thanks you all of you who gave positive comments which is the majority of you. I really appreciate it!!!
    And i truly understand what u mean!!

ReputationRep:
    Just a reflection of their own insecurities...

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, you can laugh at them when they're earning 1/10 of your wage flipping burgers 40hrs a week.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, that's not exactly exceptional cleverness. Secondly, SATS and 'levels' are very easy to ace. Thirdly, deflate your ego. Fourthly, stop jamming in a couple of stupidly spelt words into your sentences.

ReputationRep:
    You probably lack charisma :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    theres a difference between being booksmart and actually being smart :p:

ReputationRep:
    I spent all my high school years being called every name under the sun because I got good grades and wanted to do well.

It happened to my brother when he went there and my sister who is there now and it will continue to happen to every smart child who ever goes to school. It's just what children do.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing to be clever. A brilliant thing.
    However, try not to think you are superior to others as this could wind people up. I know it does me.
    But don't let these idiots get to you, education is incredibly important.

EDIT: Messed up my post.

ReputationRep:
    You are going to make more money than them. Don't rub it in their faces now.

Do it in 10 years time when you drive though McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    If you were intelligent then you could answer your own question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    I hope that I am not the only one but I am extremely clever and am in Year 9. Im getting level 8a in maths, 7 in english, and 7 in science. I want to be a doctor and im doing 2 of my gcse's early. My RS mock is on wednesday. aaah.

Anywayz, am i the only one who gets called names at skool by less able, dumb students??? eg. boff, saddo, wierd .ect. ect.

Any comments on this topic welcome
    You've got brains and ambition...well done you i had exactly the same problem through school but at the end of the day, you'll end up with money and qualifications and being successfull in life. They'll end up saying "would you like fries with that?"

dumb people call intelligent people names because theyre jealous ignore it
    xx

ReputationRep:
    lol..."skool"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lack of Creativity)
    You are going to make more money than them. Don't rub it in their faces now.

Do it in 10 years time when you drive though McDonalds.
    LOOOOLZ!!!! LMAO!!! So true!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessSiobhan17)
    You've got brains and ambition...well done you i had exactly the same problem through school but at the end of the day, you'll end up with money and qualifications and being successfull in life. They'll end up saying "would you like fries with that?"

dumb people call intelligent people names because theyre jealous ignore it
    xx
    Aaaaw!! Thanks, someone understands without being cocky.

ReputationRep:
    a few years ago, it was not really seen 'cool' to do homework - all the 'geeks'/'boffs'/'nerds' did it though
    but later on in life (especially during a levels), everyone wants to be as smart as you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    I hope that I am not the only one but I am extremely clever and am in Year 9. Im getting level 8a in maths, 7 in english, and 7 in science. I want to be a doctor and im doing 2 of my gcse's early. My RS mock is on wednesday. aaah.

Anywayz, am i the only one who gets called names at skool by less able, dumb students??? eg. boff, saddo, wierd .ect. ect.

Any comments on this topic welcome
    well you are calling them dumb so you are also in the wrong, good luck studying medicine,i hope you've thought it through properly and you don't just feel obliged to doing it because of its 'academic status' / 'respectable career' bullsh*t

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.