Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone show me a good History Paper 2 essay? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a history paper 2 test next Friday on Mao. My teacher said the essays I write simply state facts and have limited evaluation.
    Well, the thing is she never taught me how to evaluate. Can someone please show me a good History essay for Paper 2 that can score 17+?

Also, how do you answer "to what extent" questions? Last time I wrote an essay on to what extent is containment a success. My thesis was "It was a success because it helped Korea from falling to Communism; it can also be regarded as a failure because it failed to contain Communism in Cuba and Vietnam." I really feel that this is a weak thesis statement. Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.