Turn on thread page Beta

How do I tone my arms? watch

ReputationRep:
    **** off u bunch of butters *****

ReputationRep:
    Do 10 sets of 50 reps of bicep curls and dips. Spread it out over the day also so you spend approximately 4 hours working out.
    Focusing all your body's energy into that one area causes it to use the available energy there, ie the fat.
    It's also important not to train any other part of the body while doing this, otherwise the effects will be minimised, and you might as well be training normally.
    Try this workout for about 3 months, and you'll have toned arms by the end of it for sure. Conditioning your body takes time, so don't buy into any of these quick fix scams like advertised above.

(also, don't listen to any of the lies and deceit on bodybuilding sites, they all use steroids anyway which is the only way to get really big, plus steroids make your bones shrink and your hair change colour...)
    Come back in 3 months and show us all your improvements...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    No they dont, you too need a logic injection.
    English phyl.

*don't
    two

You're in the same league as them intellect wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    **** off u bunch of butters *****
    So basically you got something REALLY wrong.
    Then you called someone a **** claiming they were wrong.
    Then everyone lulzed at you.
    And you still don't get that you're wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong.

Now if you want some advice, and believe me you do, you should quite trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    English phyl.

*don't
    two

'too' was correct.

You're no better.

ReputationRep:
    And you wonder why you're out of shape, you muppet. Google is accessible to all, how about making use of it. How can you come up with such rubbish, it lacks elements of logic entirely.

If you used a dictionary, which you obviously have not, you would know "toning" is defined as the simultaneous loss of fat and muscular hypertrophy, how on ******* earth can you pick and choose these areas? Your idiocy is breathtaking.
    Your rudeness and aggression are breathtaking. It's only toning, for goodness sakes.

ReputationRep:
    Just do loads of curlz with low weights (like 20-30 reps) and u will get toned really quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I thought I was going to have to barge into this thread as the first person to say 'WTF YOU CANNOT TONE!!!!!111!!!' but fortunately this has been done for me.

The term 'toning' is ambiguous.
    Most people would consider it to mean:
    1 - Loss of fat
    2 - Gain of muscle

Fat Loss
    Simply pit, you'll accomplish this through using up more calories than you take in.
    How? Eat properly, and CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO!
    It is not possible to "spot-reduce" fat, ie. lose fat from one area more than another. Any pills which claim to be able to do this are a lie, at present only a couple of chemicals have been found to do anything even along these lines and they have produced rather undesirable results of simply shifting fatty deposits from one area of the body to another. If you're losing weight, you'll be losing fat from the belly, face, arms, butt, anywhere and everywhere.

Muscle Gain
    Muscle gain will require you to take on board plenty of protein, and obviously pump the iron down the gym!
    With the muscle building, you will of course be targetting specific areas. But don't end up with super-size arms and a pathetic chest - not only will it look stupid but you'll end up doing yourself serious harm.

Although tricky, it's very much possible to achieve both of these things simultaneously - through getting your nutrition absolutely spot on and having a great mix of cardio and weight-training workouts.

My best advice? Read everything I've just written, and then get yo scrawny ass down to http://scoobysworkshop.com/ - simply the greatest 'do it yourself at home' website I've come across, run by a really down-to-earth (if a little odd) guy.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destes)
    'too' was correct.

You're no better.
    Wasn't he referring to multiple people?

ReputationRep:
    English phyl.

*don't
    two

Wow, that was incredible. I fail because I cant be bothered to use an apostrophe, are you ******* serious?! I use Firefox and make my corrections via its auto correct function, currently set to US English, it does not recognise words which consolidate two separate ones even if the apostrophe is included. Therefore my error was not grammatical merely the failure to make note of a character omission. But why am I telling you this? Grammar nazism is a method of straw clutching used by those bereft of actual arguments/conjecture, you contributed nothing to this thread. Go eat some grass with tofu, you clown.

*don't
    two
    I just read through this, shocking irony, you truly are an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't her referring to multiple people?
    I think you mean 'he'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Your rudeness and aggression are breathtaking. It's only toning, for goodness sakes.
    Seriously, go **** yourself, the deliberate misinformation spread by moronic posters even when the said information is easily accessible is inexcusable and should be criticized whenever possible. You continually use a word you neither truly acknowledge nor understand, be gone with you.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't he referring to multiple people?
    No I was not, reading comprehension mega fail on your part, I feel I should tell you not to throw those stones from that glass house of yours but it's highly likely you're throwing them from a shed made from communion wafer held together by pritt stick.

ReputationRep:
    No I was not, reading comprehension mega fail on your part, I feel I should tell you not to throw those stones from that glass house of yours but it's highly likely you're throwing them from a shed made from communion wafer held together by pritt stick.
    Then I don't see how your statement would have made sense.
    Unless I'm missing something that was the first time a "logic injection" had been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Then I don't see how your statement would have made sense.
    Unless I'm missing something that was the first time a "logic injection" had been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    I've googled this but really found nothing helpful. At the moment, my upper arms are the fattest part of my body, like I feel there is so much fat there it just makes me cringe. I'm going on a diet as of tomorrow, but on past diets I've just lost weight from elsewhere, never my arms. The diet is gonna include me doing an hour of exercise a day, and I just wanna know what I could do that targets the arms in particular?
    Never ask how to 'tone' or lose specific areas of fat in this forum, you will get raped for it though it is too late here lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to the ignorant Body Builders or the naive sports scientists. You CAN shape muscle, the AbMaxBeltPro has taught me that much. Just think about it logically, the guys from the infomercials got jacked from electrical stimulations to their abs. It's simple science, really.

Prof Attilla had the right idea. You need to use incredibly light weight and pump out thousands of reps. Trust me, I'm from the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drew.)
    Don't listen to the ignorant Body Builders or the naive sports scientists. You CAN shape muscle, the AbMaxBeltPro has taught me that much. Just think about it logically, the guys from the infomercials got jacked from electrical stimulations to their abs. It's simple science, really.

Prof Attilla had the right idea. You need to use incredibly light weight and pump out thousands of reps. Trust me, I'm from the internet.

Oh I do dude, totally!!!!!

I too need to use the AbMaxBeltPro and perhaps then, and only then will I have

Tonality.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I do dude, totally!!!!!

I too need to use the AbMaxBeltPro and perhaps then, and only then will I have

Tonality.
    Live the dream Bishamon, live the dream...

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as toning. Only stronger and weaker.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.