Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    Mine's at 9am. Do you think I should forget the idea?
    9am tomorrow?

How much work are you doing? Do you have a supply of caffeine and good energy sources?

I'm the expert on all nighters

(Original post by LuhLah)
    I'm currently all-nightering now. Dunno how I'm going to make it through college, though. :mmm:
    I used to get the mic taken out of me for being 'gormless' in 6th form, I suggest you try it. You just stare into space all day but you can work and stay awake. :yep:

(Original post by Pheonixx)
    9am tomorrow?

How much work are you doing? Do you have a supply of caffeine and good energy sources?
    Sort of - I think I'm doing pretty well if I do say so myself. Less than 3 hours til the exam I'll stop at 7, get ready for school, maybe half half an hour of cramming. It's maths though, 'cramming' isn't squishing knowledge into your brain, it's just practising over and over.

I'm on my third cup of tea since 10 lol. I had a phase where I was biting my nails for like an hour on and off (I gave that up two years ago!! ) but I feel really awake and I'm glad I didn't resort to caffeine tablets. Tea is quite low on caffeine (so I've heard). Or maybe it's all the Nutella keeping me up?

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to school from 9-4 then work 6-10 for most of fifth and sixth year. I'm trying to remember how I fit the all-nighters in now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Pulling one today but i'll end up going bed early today.

Do you happen to be also watching the live stream of DBZ?
    watching capeta been into all those cheesy sports anime after major, hajime no ippo and one outs:cool:

dbz is good too havent seen in like ages though:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    9am tomorrow?

I'm the expert on all nighters

I used to get the mic taken out of me for being 'gormless' in 6th form, I suggest you try it. You just stare into space all day but you can work and stay awake. :yep:
    I'm like the "sleep deprived queen". Lol.

I tend to avoid caffine/sugar rushes, they make me crash and burn! I fell asleep in my first college class, not fun..

I'd suggest cheesy pop music. I swear, I've had Bad Romance on repeat all night.

Isn't it annoying when you can't sleep, and then suddenly feel tired at 3am?!?

ReputationRep:
    All the time, I'm still awake from yesterday today. Allll the time, me and my friends are always going on no-sleep benders, but we sleep for like a week after it haaha

ReputationRep:
    want more tea tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    want more tea tbh
    I'm about to have my third mug in 4 hours

(Original post by LuhLah)
    I'm like the "sleep deprived queen". Lol.

I tend to avoid caffine/sugar rushes, they make me crash and burn! I fell asleep in my first college class, not fun..

I'd suggest cheesy pop music. I swear, I've had Bad Romance on repeat all night.

Isn't it annoying when you can't sleep, and then suddenly feel tired at 3am?!?
    Haha, then I'd have to be the king.

Caffeine is fine for me, I'm addicted and used it to though so that might be why. Suger rushes suck, eat protein! It's the best for keeping awake. The afternoon classes used to last forever for some reason, did you get caught sleeping? Once in front of a lecture of about 400 people, the professor anounced for everyone to look at this girl who was fast asleep and then he told her mate next to her to wake her... It was so funny!

(Original post by microfatcat)
    Sort of - I think I'm doing pretty well if I do say so myself. Less than 3 hours til the exam I'll stop at 7, get ready for school, maybe half half an hour of cramming. It's maths though, 'cramming' isn't squishing knowledge into your brain, it's just practising over and over.

I'm on my third cup of tea since 10 lol. I had a phase where I was biting my nails for like an hour on and off (I gave that up two years ago!! ) but I feel really awake and I'm glad I didn't resort to caffeine tablets. Tea is quite low on caffeine (so I've heard). Or maybe it's all the Nutella keeping me up?
    Yea tea contains hardly any:depends how strong you make it though. I use coffee when I'm hard-core cramming. Get some fresh air if you get a lift/drive to school as that might help. And if you're feeling great now you might be about to crash, keep optimistic even if you physically feel like crap. I hated maths revision, I'm much better at getting facts in my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous0155)
    watching capeta been into all those cheesy sports anime after major, hajime no ippo and one outs:cool:

dbz is good too havent seen in like ages though:eek:
    Ooh sports anime! You wouldn't happen to know of one that was broadcasted in the 90's and was based around football? It use to take them like 3 episodes to get to the other side of the pitch in a match, I can't remember what it was called though, proper nostalgic memories.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pulling one now, just to sort out my sleeping pattern. I never pulled one before an exam because it's hard enough to concentrate in an exam as it is, quite often do it with coursework though.

ReputationRep:
    This is my first all-nighter, EVER!
    I was gonna go sleep at about 2 am, then I thought... no.
    So here I am...

I'm gonna go buy some more Red Bull in about 45 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    I'm pulling one now, just to sort out my sleeping pattern. I never pulled one before an exam because it's hard enough to concentrate in an exam as it is, quite often do it with coursework though.
    me too , my sleeping pattern always fcks up over the weekend for some reason :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :itsme:

I just can't be bothered going to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    let me knw how it went with your exam after pulling all nighter lol

seriously your brain is going to be mudlled and caffeine is pretty much useless!

slept last night at 11:30am on the dot! and woke up just now and i feel fresh and full of energy:horse: :clap2:
    and as a bonus i had a good night dream last nite too.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I got 98 in C2 on an all nighter :sexface: I don't think I stayed up to revise though :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    No, I need sleep too much! It would end up being completely detrimental to my work if I tried to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwww

Bless - once you get your A levels and get your cute little bottoms to university

I promise - even the ones of you who would "never" pull an all nighter will be making best friends with a can of red bull on the eve of a deadline over and over and over again...

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said, sleep = concentration, I went to bed at 12 and woke up at 6 feeling wide awake. I should be going to lessons before my exam but I'm gonna stay at home and try doing two practice past papers before I go meet my demise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    Like others have said, sleep = concentration, I went to bed at 12 and woke up at 6 feeling wide awake. I should be going to lessons before my exam but I'm gonna stay at home and try doing two practice past papers before I go meet my demise.
    work before exams = not good

ReputationRep:
    yeah just chill and have a spliff

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.