Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone really need some help. I have a pgce early years interview at Birmingham, has anyone had the same experience thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i've got my interview next thursday for the early years PGCE, how did you interview go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie_1989)
    Hi, i've got my interview next thursday for the early years PGCE, how did you interview go?
    Hi Jodie, I had my interview for the PGCE course last month so if theres anything you want to know just let me know

The interview was fine, the staff were really nice. Basically they just give you a little talk about the course then you do you're maths and english tests (theyre an hour each). Both are pretty straightforward. Then you have the interview and its pretty much the standard q's you expect (like why do you want to teach etc) so they dont try and trip you up.

Good luck with it xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that! I'm getting really nervous now! Quite worried about the maths test it isn't my strongest subject!!
    Hopefully it will go ok though!
    Did you get a place or have you not heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, have you had the interview yet? If so, did it go ok?

Yeah I've got a place as long as i get a 2:1

xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey, sorry i havn't been on here for ages.
    yeah i've got a place aswell as long as i get a 2.2
    getting excited now

xx

ReputationRep:
    hi guys just reading the comments above i am also considering to do the pgce at uni of birmingham but the other option (general primary) and jodie u say they will take u on if u get a 2.2, wa exactly did they say? if u remmeber anything at all i will be really grateful as that is my issue not sure if i will be able to get a 2.1 in my final year. also what degrees did u all do and how much experience do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrublersBiyatch)
    hi guys just reading the comments above i am also considering to do the pgce at uni of birmingham but the other option (general primary) and jodie u say they will take u on if u get a 2.2, wa exactly did they say? if u remmeber anything at all i will be really grateful as that is my issue not sure if i will be able to get a 2.1 in my final year. also what degrees did u all do and how much experience do you have?
    hey, i got a 2:1 & have definately got a place on the course
    experience-wise i only had 5 days of experience when applying (the minimum) & still managed to get on the course. however i would advise you to get as much as you possibly can (ive since got loads more experience & feel so much better about starting the course now!!). my degree was sociology, doesnt matter too much what your degree is in as long as you can relate it to teaching. if you do end up applying feel free to message, i can appreciate how useful it is to have someone you can ask questions!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=XxFilthyGorgeousxX]hey, i got a 2:1 & have definitely got a place on the course
    experience-wise i only had 5 days of experience when applying (the minimum) & still managed to get on the course. however i would advise you to get as much as you possibly can (ive since got loads more experience & feel so much better about starting the course now!!). my degree was sociology, doesnt matter too much what your degree is in as long as you can relate it to teaching. if you do end up applying feel free to message, i can appreciate how useful it is to have someone you can ask questions!!

[hey thanks for the offer for advice! which pgce did u apply for the general or early years pgce? also could u tell me a lil more bwt the interview process what did u do wa questions were asked ? erm im not too worried about the classroom experience by the time i send off my application i would have 43 days classroom experience and worked in year 5, 3 and 1 class is that enough? or shud i state that im looking to arrange some more? also i know of people who have got onto a pgce wid psychology which is the degree im currenlty doing im really worried that i wont get a 2.1 becos i gt a high 2.2 in my 2nd year but i rli wnat to do the general primary pgce course but at sme time not risk it in case i get a 2.2 do u know if anyone has ever got onto the course with a 2.2 despite them asking for a 2.1?/]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.