Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi fitness forum!

Im a 16 y.o guy, and Id like to start a workout in order to tone up my muscles, try to make them bigger and just get a good amount of daily exercise! Id also like to try and get a 6 pack lol

Now, I could use a gym, but I have no friends to go with except at the weekend (they dont have the same college timetable as me) and my friends who have the same college timetable as me cant be bothered to go to the gym.

So, the workout needs to exclude the gym if possible (weekends are a possibility as said)

I do however, have some free weights (a 20kg dumbbell set)

So, what could a daily routine be?

I was thinking bicep curls for biceps- what for triceps? Dips?

Squats for legs?

Situps/crunches for stomach?

Pushups?

Please can I have ideas for a simple workout which would take about 1-1.5hrs daily?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishkeeper)
    Please can I have ideas for a simple workout which would take about 1-1.5hrs daily?
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a pussy and go to gym, without your friends if necessary.

Do 'Starting Strength' http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki exactly as it says -- don't change a single thing.

Forget about your 20 kg dumbbell set and leave the curls to the girls.

ReputationRep:
    you don't need friends to go to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i've ever seen a friendly "fitness" forum in my life

ReputationRep:
    go to the gym alone, yes its boring but if it means getting a good body, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Researched

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...exercises.html

Bishamon & Chocaholic???

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to the gym with friends. If you do go with friends you will not workout properly as issues often arise (go to the pub, mess around and get kicked out). It is better to go alone.

ReputationRep:
    I go with friends because they help me when I cant do anymore:

For example, if Im benching, and Ive got he bar to the bottom but can't push it back up, my friends would help me and take some of the strain away from me!

Going alone would only mean I would stay in my comfort zone, and not go over that in order to gain muscle mass!

ReputationRep:
    Just go by yourself and do the routine at www.stronglifts.com It has a spreadsheet to track your progress and you increase slowly so you wont be having risk of killing yourself by the bar being stupidly heavy.

ReputationRep:
    When I first started out I would go with a friend. If you do, preferably choose one of a similar build to yourself. It can help with motivation, to see who is making the most progress.

I now go by myself. Whack the ipod in and its not so bad. If you are nervous about going by yourself, go in the mornings. Usually alot quieter!

I use freeweights more than machine weights as it requires alot more effort and will help build up the correct technique. Make sure you have someone spotting you. You dont want to end up choking to death as a result of not being able to control the bar!

I also do a daily routine of chin ups, sit ups and press ups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    i don't think i've ever seen a friendly "fitness" forum in my life
    Yea most people here are ******* - must be the self obsession

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.