Turn on thread page Beta

GCSEs - what looks better? watch

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*A*AAAAAB, or should I just hide the B? (I'm not ashamed, it just keeps catching my eye :|) i.e. 10 GCSEs or 9 all at A/A*?

ALSO is there any way of resitting? The GCSE I got a B in was Eng Lit (didn't watch the film the coursework was on cos I'm scared of ghosts :|). Who would I get in touch with to resit??

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I'm in college now! So I don't see my old teachers any more!

ReputationRep:
    you got a B not an E, don't be so ridiculous.. it's fine.

and 10 gcse's is better than 9, regardless of the grades.

if you want to re-take go through your school/college but theres not much point.

ReputationRep:
    You could talk to your English teacher about resitting,i'm sure they would allow you to resit.Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Your results are really good! Don't be ashamed about the B.
    If you want to resit, you could ask your school, but you'd have to resit it in the summer with the rest of your AS level exams, so it may have a negative effect on your other grades which are more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFanatical)
    A*A*A*A*AAAAAB, or should I just hide the B? (I'm not ashamed, it just keeps catching my eye :|) i.e. 10 GCSEs or 9 all at A/A*?

ALSO is there any way of resitting? The GCSE I got a B in was Eng Lit (didn't watch the film the coursework was on cos I'm scared of ghosts :|). Who would I get in touch with to resit??

Thanks in advance
    Hey! What's wrong with a B?

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    You have to declare it on UCAS etc. Any grade that is certificated must be stated. And besides, it's not a bad mark :yep:.

Absolutely no point is resitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)
    Hey! What's wrong with a B?

:mad:

Your grades are amazing! Nothings WRONG with it, it's just cos I'm applying to uni I see it everywhere and keep thinking aw, ****, could have done better. You of all people must get where I'm coming from XD

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are amazing! Nothings WRONG with it, it's just cos I'm applying to uni I see it everywhere and keep thinking aw, ****, could have done better. You of all people must get where I'm coming from XD
    I am rather fond of my B in Drama, actually. (But thank you for the compliment )

I doubt my B will much affect my uni application, since I don't want to do Drama. I can see where you're coming from with English Lit though, especially if you want to do an essay based subject, since it's a traditional subject and all that.

ReputationRep:
    I did AS Latin in year 11 via this distance learning course offered at my school and got a D :rolleyes: . I think all the grades that are 'certificated' (above a U) have to be declared to universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa, I'm the same! Damn Statistics B!

Honestly, I found maths the hardest subject, just scraped an A, and got a B in stats.

I keep my B, because damn it im proud!
    It required work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EM(Lin))
    That's not true. Some people in my year who got Ds or Es in Food Tech or something didn't declare theirs. There's no reason why you have to, it just means you lose a qualification.
    You do have to declare it. IIRC, if one doesn't state it specifically or deliberately misleads the institution to which they are applying, there can be consequences when it finds about being lied to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EM(Lin))
    That's not true. Some people in my year who got Ds or Es in Food Tech or something didn't declare theirs. There's no reason why you have to, it just means you lose a qualification.

OP, there's no need to worry about one B. Even if you're going for Oxbridge it shouldn't be a problem. I would personally declare it because it's in a pretty significant subject. If you want to retake, talk to whoever's in charge of exams at your college- they'll be able to give you a far more reliable answer than any of us! :p:
    You have to declare it if it's a pass (A* to C grade) - D's and E's don't have to be declared.

OP, declare it, it won't detract from your application and you will get in trouble if you don't. Don't bother resitting, it's a B not an E!

FFS most kids would kill to get a B, bloody grow up!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    when you get to AS/A level you will probably not want to retake. Because it's extra work but also because you'll realise how pointless it is.

ReputationRep:
    You have to declare it surely? Especially since it's English Lit and not a doss subject.

I think one of my grades significantly stands out more than that B Yet I still put it down when applying to jobs. I can just imaging them chuckling when they read it :p:

ReputationRep:
    You have to declare it... if your uni wants to see your certificates then it will be on the same sheet of paper as all other exams from that board so they will find out. It's not that terrible, although I know how annoyed you must feel about it. If it was the coursework that let you down, could you not just submit a different piece? You could either go through your school or your college, you'll have to ask. No need to do the exams again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    You have to declare it if it's a pass (A* to C grade) - D's and E's don't have to be declared.
    A pass is any grade from G up to A*; all have to be declared when applying through UCAS. Employers, on the other hand, are only interested in grades from A* to C, and putting anything lower on your CV will make you look silly (unless you have specifically been asked to do so).

ReputationRep:
    just ask one if your teachers at college, they normally arrange re-sits even for GCSE

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.