Turn on thread page Beta

Places in Britain for a good holiday! watch

ReputationRep:
    Right well normally my friends and I go on some kind of foreign holiday but this year, with one thing and another, we're all a bit broke. So, not wanting to break from the tradition of a good old holiday, we're setting our sights a bit closer to home.
    So what are your suggestions. There are 6 of us, a mixture of girls and boys, some together, some not.
    We're looking for a place (or several places within a short journey on public transport) that offers the following:
    Decent night life.
    Lots to do.
    A bit of culture.
    Not toooo expensive (London's off the cards).
    And maybe even beach? But we're planning for September so maybe that's not such a great idea, what with the great British weather.
    And anything else you consider makes a good holiday.

Thanks TSR! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    Pembrokeshire?

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth. It has nightlife, beaches, dartmoor national park, scenery, cornwalls a 10 minute drive away, and its cheap, petrol was like 103-105 when i was there in october whereas everywhere else it was 110-112; and the weather should be good.
    Otherwise maybe Brighton, Poole, Swansea, Cardiff
    or whats sometimes good is to rent a barn in scotland. have a road trip up there stop in glasgow or edinburgh on the way and take loads of alcohol. has nothing off your list but its a good holiday anyway

ReputationRep:
    The northwest.

There are beaches around southport/formby way.

Close to Liverpool and Manchester for culture + night-life.

ReputationRep:
    Stockton-on-Tees.

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is fab, (Not that I'm biased having lived there) but its not cheap. There is a campsite, Sheepcote Valley which is in East Brighton, a short bus journey into town. The campsite is within walking distance of the beach and the marina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Brighton is fab, (Not that I'm biased having lived there) but its not cheap. There is a campsite, Sheepcote Valley which is in East Brighton, a short bus journey into town. The campsite is within walking distance of the beach and the marina.
    Brighton is an interesting call. I was born there and go back a couple of times a year to see my gran. Its a lovely place.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :woo:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.