Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Places in Britain for a good holiday! watch

ReputationRep:
    Right well normally my friends and I go on some kind of foreign holiday but this year, with one thing and another, we're all a bit broke. So, not wanting to break from the tradition of a good old holiday, we're setting our sights a bit closer to home.
    So what are your suggestions. There are 6 of us, a mixture of girls and boys, some together, some not.
    We're looking for a place (or several places within a short journey on public transport) that offers the following:
    Decent night life.
    Lots to do.
    A bit of culture.
    Not toooo expensive (London's off the cards).
    And maybe even beach? But we're planning for September so maybe that's not such a great idea, what with the great British weather.
    And anything else you consider makes a good holiday.

Thanks TSR! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    Pembrokeshire?

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth. It has nightlife, beaches, dartmoor national park, scenery, cornwalls a 10 minute drive away, and its cheap, petrol was like 103-105 when i was there in october whereas everywhere else it was 110-112; and the weather should be good.
    Otherwise maybe Brighton, Poole, Swansea, Cardiff
    or whats sometimes good is to rent a barn in scotland. have a road trip up there stop in glasgow or edinburgh on the way and take loads of alcohol. has nothing off your list but its a good holiday anyway

ReputationRep:
    The northwest.

There are beaches around southport/formby way.

Close to Liverpool and Manchester for culture + night-life.

ReputationRep:
    Stockton-on-Tees.

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is fab, (Not that I'm biased having lived there) but its not cheap. There is a campsite, Sheepcote Valley which is in East Brighton, a short bus journey into town. The campsite is within walking distance of the beach and the marina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Brighton is fab, (Not that I'm biased having lived there) but its not cheap. There is a campsite, Sheepcote Valley which is in East Brighton, a short bus journey into town. The campsite is within walking distance of the beach and the marina.
    Brighton is an interesting call. I was born there and go back a couple of times a year to see my gran. Its a lovely place.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.