Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    This is a bit of a long shot, but here goes...

    I have just been accepted for a PGCE at The Institute, which I am really excited about.

    However, on reading the invitation letter I found out that anyone who has lived abroad for more than 3 months has to provide a police check from their host country.

    I spent a year as a teacher in China. I am quite worried as I have no idea how to go about getting a police check for this time.

    I have emailed the Embassy but after a google search, I'm doubtful as to how helpful they will be.

    Has anyone been through a similar experience? Any advice would be gratefully received!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.