Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I am an overseas student who has just been rejected after being pooled.. the waiting round was painful enough, but the actual rejection pains me even more.. Well, I know there has been thousands of threads like this, but I would just like to know you guys' ideas, as i think i am in a slightly different situation..
    Currently, I have been accepted into a very prestigious Japanese university.. But I just really want to study at Cambridge; this has been a very long ambition for me.. So I am thinking of reapplying next year for 2011 entry.. The thing is, Cambridge does not allow you to apply to them while you are accepted at a differnt uni. I know that the UCAS catches people who try to reapply while holding an offer.. But does this also apply to Asian universities? Cause, my plan is to start my uni at Japan and go though the whole UCAS application again in october, as I will already have all my IB results.. Then if i get re-rejected, i can just turn a new page and be satisfied with my life at the Japanaese university..
    Sorry for the length of the post, but your opinions will be [email protected]!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what would be wrong with your plan except that you'll have to tell them what you're doing in your 'gap year'.

I am currently studying at a UK uni (first year) and hold an unconditional offer for next October. I have always told them that I'm currently at uni (in my PS and SAQ), and that I would drop out in case I am offered a place at Cambridge. I even asked for advice in the interviews, whether I should be studying hard for my current course or focusing on Cambridge and next October; and the interviewers didn't seem surprised at all.

The main difference might be that I am changing my course.

Good luck with your IB exams, lucky me I finished them last May ^^

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.