The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Go on UCAS.ac.uk and the websites of different unis and narrow it down a bit first. You dont want to be going to the effort of visiting 20 different unis when you're only going to end up going to 1 or 2 and only applying to 5.
If you've got an idea of what sort of course you want to do then it should be fairly easy.
:-)
.Justin,
Hi There,

I am in Year 12 and I know we need to start "thinking" about Unis... I was just wondering what we do because the School isn't much help? I know they are concentrating on Year 13's but we are being advised to start looking and getting ideas? Is it just worth going to look round Unis or is it to early? Anyone got a time scale kind of plan thing? Sorry to sound vaig but confused!

What kind of grades you looking at getting? What kind of course are you interested in? There's no point looking seriously until you get grades though really.
Cesare Borgia
What kind of grades you looking at getting? What kind of course are you interested in? There's no point looking seriously until you get grades though really.

Health & Social: B & A
ICT: B/Low A

I'm looking at doing Paramedic Science/Practice and Liverpool John Moores Is looking good...
All I'll say is don't get you heart set on a place before you get your grades in August.
Reply 5
it's always worth taking a look at some unis, or maybe just some of the cities to get a feel of what area you like the most?
if you know what kind of thing you want to do then take a look at UCAS and see what universitys seem to be best for you and vist some of their open days
Reply 6
If you're in year 12 now then you'd be starting uni in 2011 (assuming you don't take a gap year or anything) so here's what I guess I rough timeline should look like for you:

Now-ish: Decide on potential courses that you're interested in.
Now-summer: get prospectuses, go to your local higher education convention.
Summer/early autumn 2010 - Go to open days of universities you're interested in.
Autumn 2010: Work on personal statement/application
January 2011: UCAS deadline
Spring 2011: You'll get invited back to subject specific open days at unis you got an offer from.
May 2011 (??): Deadline for choosing firm/insurance choice universities
Summer 2011: Exams
September/October 2011: UNIVERSITY!!

That might sound like a super-organised plan but the time will fly by so the sooner you start working on it the better :smile:

I hope that's helpful to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending