Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man u)
    wt abot y does co2 hve molecular shape rather than giant covalent
    is it because a lot of eneergy is needed to break the co2
    Yeah i wrote that, because the energy needed to break C=O was more than C-O so it has extra stability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man u)
    wt was the answer to q1 prt b for unit 4
    mgcl2 and nacl2 qs
    i wrote that mg has higher chrge n sodium has lower chrge
    sodium ion does not hve high enough LE
    i wrte something like this
    will i only get 1 mrk?
    Again I suspect this might be to do with thermodynamic stability, these mark schemes are tight but I had something like the system of bound ions in MgCl2 is thermodynamically more stable than that of NaCl2, I know Mg has a much lower 2nd ionisation* energy so perhaps the NaCl is at a lower energy level than NaCl2? It was a 3 mark question, I just deducted 3 marks from my final score anyway since I want to self mark the paper harshly lol

ReputationRep:
    i really hope unit 6 is EASY because then i hve a chnce of getting an A otherwise im stayin at B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    Again I suspect this might be to do with thermodynamic stability, these mark schemes are tight but I had something like the system of bound ions in MgCl2 is thermodynamically more stable than that of NaCl2, I know Mg has a much lower 2nd ionisation* energy so perhaps the NaCl is at a lower energy level than NaCl2? It was a 3 mark question, I just deducted 3 marks from my final score anyway since I want to self mark the paper harshly lol

Hahaha! You sound just like me.. I deducted the whole of the Vanadium stuff.. and then deducted random marks from everywhere! Hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Keep in mind the marks are standardised, if all the people retaking are just the medicine rejects that are already fairly good at chemistry, the boundaries won't drop as low as they would have in previous years..

ReputationRep:
    Keep in mind the marks are standardised, if all the people retaking are just the medicine rejects that are already fairly good at chemistry, the boundaries won't drop as low as they would have in previous years..

I know! I should have paid some of my non-chemistry/medic friends to sit the exam too! They would have surely bought the boundaries down! Grr..

ReputationRep:
    So... did anyone sit this exam?

ReputationRep:
    So... did anyone sit this exam?
    Huh? Were you not talking about it with us earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    Huh? Were you not talking about it with us earlier?
    I mean it'd be kinda sad if only 3 people sat the exam in the whole country ):
    Just wondering if there are others who sat it lol

ReputationRep:
    I mean it'd be kinda sad if only 3 people sat the exam in the whole country ):
    Just wondering if there are others who sat it lol
    Lol! I'm sure more than 3 people took it. I know 2 others, not on TSR, that took it! So we're up to 5! YAY! =S

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.