Turn on thread page Beta

heels. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i've never worn heels and whenever i go out i usually wear pumps or uggs or other boots. but i'm quite small [5ft 2/3] and i would like to start wearing heels but i'm quite clueless!. i tried on a pair of my friends and i couldn't walk in them very well and felt like an idiot.

any tips on walking in heels and suggestions for how to stop my feet killing me by the end of the night?.. also, if anyone could link me to a pair of heels that might be good to start with [not too high!] that would be awesome!. i'm looking for some black heels because i figure they'll go with most things. it's just i've been looking online and all the of the not-so-high heels aren't as nice, or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

also.. is it better to start with chunkier heels rather than stiletto type heels because they look awfully easy to fall over and break my ankle in.

thankkkk youuu!. sorry if i sound like an idiot [i probably do.]

ReputationRep:
    Practice, practice, practice. Be prepared for v sore feet. Those gel pads that you can put in your shoes seem to help me if I'm going to wearing heels for more than half an hour, so get some of them if you can. I found it easier to start with 'chunky' heels rather than stilettos, yeah. And I also find heels that sort-of strap your feet in (ie, anything except courts) are so much easier to walk in, because in courts my feet just walk out of them!

ReputationRep:
    The cheaper the shoes, the more pain you'll be in, generally.

I started in 4/5 inch Vivienne Westwood jelly heels and they are the comfiest shoes in existence!!!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, to me, the way a girl walks in a pair of heels is reminiscent of a camel walking along the sahara dessert. Those feet .. those poor feet ... you'll use to walk miles upon miles of Earth ... short-lifed ... by a pair of man-made footwear which can only torture the soft bones of your foot..

There's that and then there's orthopedic comfy insoled proper footwear...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.