Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm not one to moan and complain usually but when this happens so obviously and so regularly I begin to wonder (with good reason IMO) if it is intentional.

I have been close to a female friend of late and we are just that, friends, though it can get a bit strange sometimes, we have pretty much seen each other nude and do get a bit flirty.

Neither of us are interested in a relationship with each other and this has been explicitly discussed before, however I have noticed her cockblocking me on several occasions, some more elaborate in plan than others, which leads me to believe they are intentional (she has also been known to cockblock other male friends of mine).

In general she is quite a needy girl, and will do anything to gain a guys attention.

So aside from my rant, I want to know. How common is it for females to do this to their male friends? Is she just a psycho with ulterior motives? Or is she simply scared a girlfriend for said friend will relegate her to the sidelines and mean less male attention?

If people feel it is necessary I can provide examples of the prior discussed cockblocks for you to peruse.

Examples of her cockblocking actions can be found here!

ReputationRep:
    Uh, what's cockblocking?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but examples of said cockblocking really do need to be seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Uh, what's cockblocking?
    This is cockblocking.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, what's cockblocking?
    stopping you from getting with another girl

ReputationRep:
    How is she doing it?

ReputationRep:
    she needs the attention and it makes her jealous? It's quite common really

ReputationRep:
    Uh, what's cockblocking?
    The art of preventing someone from getting laid.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do that to a guy mate, I'd help a guy out! :p:
    Seriously, she shouldn't be doing that, especially if she's not interested in you herself.

The only time I won't cockblock is if I am in a relationship with that person. I tend to try not to lead someone on if they want it and I don't though.

You need to come to my area like I said before. You won't be then :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Uh, what's cockblocking?
    Watch Superbad.

OP provide examples?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Seriously, she shouldn't be doing that, especially if she's not interested in you herself.
    This.
    What is the opposite to cockblocking anyway?

ReputationRep:
    What a *****. I don't intentionally do it to male friends (not that I have many here :sigh:) though I do remember being a bit sad when my old best friend got a girlfriend. I'd never break them up or anything though

I was in a club talking to a guy once - pretty drunk at the time so didn't really realise he was coming on to me a bit, and my boyfriend just walked up and kissed me in front of him. Apparently the guy's expression was priceless :rofl:

Talk to her?

ReputationRep:
    OK so I will give some quick examples that come to mind:

1- On the dancefloor, getting a girl's attention and getting a bit of dirty dancing, she walks over in a strop and pulls me away angrily (this one is evident really), she then proceeds to give the girl an evil

2- I was dating a girl only recently, she and the girl are friends and so she texts her declaring her feelings for me! The girl gets freaked out and thinks we have something going on and refuses to go on further dates :mob:

3- I inquired about her flatmate who I got chatting to one night and got on with. She told me she'd find out if she was single, a week later "still not found out", so I happened to be on her facebook profile one night and saw the flatmates profile, added her and in her profile she is clearly in a relationship. She gives me the weak excuse that she never realised to look in her facebook :rant2:

WTF, why females WHY?!!?

ReputationRep:
    She wants you or is a attention whore.

Chris Brown her

ReputationRep:
    Sounds bare jealous blud.
    Seriously, put her in her place. Let her know no one messes with the fro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spread_logic_not_hate)
    Watch Superbad.

OP provide examples?

(Original post by BrightGirl)
    How is she doing it?
    (Original post by haveyoumetmissjones)
    Sorry, but examples of said cockblocking really do need to be seen.

Done

ReputationRep:
    WTF, why females WHY?!!?
    Lmao.

In general she is quite a needy girl, and will do anything to gain a guys attention.
    This is all the answer you need I think - looks like she doesn't want you for herself per se but won't let go and lose the attention. Maybe slowly distance yourself from her so she feels like she gets less and less attention from you, hence won't mind so much if you get a gf. Or quickly distance yourself from her, if you prefer. Or talk to her about it, tell ger its out of order - if she carries on, bye bye time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Be my friend please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Talk to her?
    Talked about it before, she apologises and promises to rectify the situation. But my patience has run out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.