Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all ..

I have an interview next wed for the Geophysics course .. I'm currently preparing by basically trying to know everything about the course and the uni .. and also by thinking of answers for possible personal questions. .

I'd appreciate any help in terms of what types of questions should I expect .. and also how they expect me to answer ..

moreover, if somebody had had an interview for this disciplin, could you please share your experience ..

Thanx in advance ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h2m)
    Hey all ..

I have an interview next wed for the Geophysics course .. I'm currently preparing by basically trying to know everything about the course and the uni .. and also by thinking of answers for possible personal questions. .

I'd appreciate any help in terms of what types of questions should I expect .. and also how they expect me to answer ..

moreover, if somebody had had an interview for this disciplin, could you please share your experience ..

Thanx in advance ..
    Heya, I had my interview for geophysics this wednesday and I was told it would be more like an informal chat. To be honest thats pretty much what my interview was, the worst bit was having to climb up 4 flights of stairs with the interviewer!!!
    I was asked: why I wanted to study Geophysics, Why I wanted to go to Imperial, Did living in London appeal to me and then some physics questions as well,
    Oh and also the classic where do you see your self in 10 years question.
    He also mentioned some stuff about my personal statement "Oh you do Karate..." which i took as an opportunaty to start talking about it.
    I think that was pretty much it, the best thing to do is to relax and try and enjoy your self, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I got an offer from them today in the post!!!! :]

ReputationRep:
    Lool 'geophysics'
    I know someone who does that
    their term 1 was basically no work
    they got reading week in nov when no one else did
    they have 3 days off each week whilst others have the normal 2 days off (weekend)
    and whats more....you guys get another reading week RIGHT BEFORE the xmas hols!!
    enjoy :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strandedintime)
    Heya, I had my interview for geophysics this wednesday and I was told it would be more like an informal chat. To be honest thats pretty much what my interview was, the worst bit was having to climb up 4 flights of stairs with the interviewer!!!
    I was asked: why I wanted to study Geophysics, Why I wanted to go to Imperial, Did living in London appeal to me and then some physics questions as well,
    Oh and also the classic where do you see your self in 10 years question.
    He also mentioned some stuff about my personal statement "Oh you do Karate..." which i took as an opportunaty to start talking about it.
    I think that was pretty much it, the best thing to do is to relax and try and enjoy your self, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I got an offer from them today in the post!!!! :]
    Hi there,

I know it has been like over a year since you posted this comment ha..
    But I have wanted to go to imperial now for over a year to study geophysics.
    I have recently been asked for an interview (in 2 weeks time). However, I am really nervous about the physics questions they might ask. Could you give me any tips on what to prepare for these questions i.e. is it along the lines of magnetic fields etc.? (if you can remember haha)

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    hi to all
    nalagal i want to know, did u apply for scholarship and do u got offer. i am interested in MSc Petroleum Geophysics nd i want to know whole procedure of selection. Any guidence welcome
    thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.