Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I weigh between 11 1/2 and 12 stone, and am 5"6, which puts me at the upper end of overweight So, I've recently been trying to eat healthier and do a lot more exercise weekly, just wondering if people would say this is enough:

Monday: Run 3 Miles
    Tuesday: Run 2 Miles
    Wednesday: Group training I do, carrying planks, sit ups, running etc.
    Thursday: Nothing, have work straight after college.
    Friday: 2 miles
    Saturday: 2 Miles and 8 mile cycle.
    Sunday: 6 miles (day of rest )

Does this seem like enough, when added to general walking to bus stop and between classes etc? Or do I need to up what I'm doing/introduce new things. Ideally I'd like to be a normal weight by Uni in October.

Any help much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    HIIT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training

ReputationRep:
    What worked for me was to go to the gym for an hour every other day and eat just your meals, cutting out snacks. I personally did not find walking/running nearly as effective as the full body workout at the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Starting lifting weights as well as doing some sort of hiit..

If you want to carry on with your own routine, make sure you have decent shoes,,,,looks like a lot of mileage :o:

ReputationRep:
    Are you a confident swimmer? Get in the pool, will do the world of good. Or the rowing machine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    Are you a confident swimmer? Get in the pool, will do the world of good. Or the rowing machine!
    This. Running is tough on the joints.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you'd stick to it. Working out is meant to be fun, not running 3 miles every day :|

ReputationRep:
    I've editted this a bit.

Added 2 4 mile walks in... on a Monday or Wednesday and a Tuesday.

Cut Sunday to 5.5 (one 3.5 mile run, one 2 mile run)
    Increased Saturday to 3.5 miles as well as 8 miles cycle (2 4miles)

Any good?

Thanks alot for all of the advice.

ReputationRep:
    if you don't mind looking like a **** try doing some situps and pressups halfway round your runs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muckie)
    if you don't mind looking like a **** try doing some situps and pressups halfway round your runs
    My weekend runs are around and in a park which has an exercise/assault course, so I could definetly incorporate that, thanks alot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.