Turn on thread page Beta

How do you apologise to someone when they're at fault? watch

ReputationRep:
    mm it's certainly difficult apologising to someone at the san andreas fault... or on any tectonic plate boundary for that matter. the last notable earthquake was in 2004 and they don't come about often so odds are you should be okay. just stay away from any shoddy looking constructions and make sure you take water supplies etc.

ReputationRep:
    Say you're sorry they are upset - which might be true. This is different from saying you are sorry because you did something wrong. they'll never notice the difference

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so do they want you to apologise and you don't know what for? If you do know, just say whatever it is they think you should apologise for if they ask. If you don't, say 'for upsetting you' or something similarly vague but probably applicable. It really is quite difficult to give advice without any more detail. Is this person likely to doubt your sincerity and get angry about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    Ok, so do they want you to apologise and you don't know what for? If you do know, just say whatever it is they think you should apologise for if they ask. If you don't, say 'for upsetting you' or something similarly vague but probably applicable. It really is quite difficult to give advice without any more detail. Is this person likely to doubt your sincerity and get angry about it?
    They've not said they want me to, but I need to if you get me, due to something they did when angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    They've not said they want me to, but I need to if you get me, due to something they did when angry.
    Ok, do you know what it is you need to apologise for? And is this person quite... volatile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    Ok, do you know what it is you need to apologise for? And is this person quite... volatile?
    I know what I did, but it was literally nothing, they're not violent, but they are crazy haha, literally blew a tiny thing that no-one would get annoyed at into a huge drama.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I did, but it was literally nothing, they're not violent, but they are crazy haha, literally blew a tiny thing that no-one would get annoyed at into a huge drama.
    Ok, I was going to ask if they were a bit of a psychopath at first but thought better of it. :p: I know the type. Guess you'll just have to try and say whatever it was in a way that doesn't sound sarcastic or imply that they're insane for making such a big deal out of it if they ask.

ReputationRep:
    omg i totally understand where you are coming from OP seriously i do.......i tend to say sorry all the time even when i know it was not my fault especially when i met this guy.....his very lets say would not admit he was in the wrong and expect me to say sorry i eventually give in so that he is does not keep going on about it when i see him........and when i do say sorry he goes to me sorry does not heal the cracks no more...best thing for me i just dont talk to him let him have some space eventually he comes back to me and talks as normal....its really hard tbh to have to apologise 1st especially when you know for sure you were not in the wrong i guess those who say sorry 1st are those with a pure heart and innocent with no pride and ego inside themselves

ReputationRep:
    Read up about borderline personality disorder - sounds like this person has it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    its a woman, isnt it?
    Was just about to ask...

OP get back up from you knees, pull your pants up and keep your pimp hand strong.

Don't bow down to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Was just about to ask...

OP get back up from you knees, pull your pants up and keep your pimp hand strong.

Don't bow down to them.
    As I already said I don't have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    You always have a choice... This is a ridiculous question, either do or don't apologize. Just make up some nonsense reason. I really don't see why you need to apologize though, especially when they aren't expecting it, and you have nothing to apologize for.

Meh... :facepalm: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    As I already said I don't have a choice.
    You always have a choice, but if you insist, something along the lines of:

You: I'm sorry about 'x'
    Her: Apology accepted
    You: Right, now that I've said sorry can we have sex?
    Her: No, judging by the fact that you apologised, you have a small prick

See what I mean...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You always have a choice, but if you insist, something along the lines of:

You: I'm sorry about 'x'
    Her: Apology accepted
    You: Right, now that I've said sorry can we have sex?
    Her: No, judging by the fact that you apologised, you have a small prick

See what I mean...
    It's a guy, like I already said.

ReputationRep:
    It's a guy, like I already said.
    Replace her with him in that case

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I did it, they ignored it anyway, so now I have no where to live next year, fantastic!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.