Turn on thread page Beta

Good Chinese restaurants in Central London watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

I'm looking for a nice chinese in central london to take the lady friend, maybe a specific one in China town?

thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember its name, but it's fairly distinctive...the walls are lined with portraits of Marx, Engels, Mao, Liu Shaoqi, etc...it was on Wardour Street I think...very nice sweet and sour chicken...

ReputationRep:
    The stick and bowl on the end of Kensington high street does really good authentic chinese food, and is pretty cheap as well.

ReputationRep:
    Most restaurants in China Town are fine.

ReputationRep:
    Theres one in Chinatown called The Four Seasons, it's very authentic (a bit too authentic because the interiors pretty ****) but the food is awesome especially the cantonese style duck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Most restaurants in China Town are fine.
    They don't have to be fine, are they really fine?

ReputationRep:
    There are a couple near Bayswater/Queensway. Gold Mine, Royal China, Four Seasons are all good, though Royal China is a bit expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I can't remember its name, but it's fairly distinctive...the walls are lined with portraits of Marx, Engels, Mao, Liu Shaoqi, etc...it was on Wardour Street I think...very nice sweet and sour chicken...
    You mean Special Zone 1997?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoodwink199)
    You mean Special Zone 1997?
    Er, possibly, I was blind drunk after a night at TigerTiger, so I can't really remember much except sitting with a picture of Marx at my table. No idea what it's like in a sober state

ReputationRep:
    You're all beautiful!

Thanks alot!

ReputationRep:
    The one in China Town that is completely black is very nice.

ReputationRep:
    go to Hakkasan if you wanna splash

(Original post by LawBore)
    The one in China Town that is completely black is very nice.
    Plum Valley..supposed to be very good

ReputationRep:
    Noodle King on Brick Lane - OM NOM NOM NOM!
    They give large enough portions to be filling, ahve a wide choice in dishes, and the service is usually pleasingly quick (yet not so quick as to have you worried about the freshness of the food).
    Ftr, their sweet & sour hong kong style prawns are to die for, along with most of their meals.
    I wanna go there now ='[

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.