Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good Chinese restaurants in Central London watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

I'm looking for a nice chinese in central london to take the lady friend, maybe a specific one in China town?

thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember its name, but it's fairly distinctive...the walls are lined with portraits of Marx, Engels, Mao, Liu Shaoqi, etc...it was on Wardour Street I think...very nice sweet and sour chicken...

ReputationRep:
    The stick and bowl on the end of Kensington high street does really good authentic chinese food, and is pretty cheap as well.

ReputationRep:
    Most restaurants in China Town are fine.

ReputationRep:
    Theres one in Chinatown called The Four Seasons, it's very authentic (a bit too authentic because the interiors pretty ****) but the food is awesome especially the cantonese style duck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Most restaurants in China Town are fine.
    They don't have to be fine, are they really fine?

ReputationRep:
    There are a couple near Bayswater/Queensway. Gold Mine, Royal China, Four Seasons are all good, though Royal China is a bit expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I can't remember its name, but it's fairly distinctive...the walls are lined with portraits of Marx, Engels, Mao, Liu Shaoqi, etc...it was on Wardour Street I think...very nice sweet and sour chicken...
    You mean Special Zone 1997?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoodwink199)
    You mean Special Zone 1997?
    Er, possibly, I was blind drunk after a night at TigerTiger, so I can't really remember much except sitting with a picture of Marx at my table. No idea what it's like in a sober state

ReputationRep:
    You're all beautiful!

Thanks alot!

ReputationRep:
    The one in China Town that is completely black is very nice.

ReputationRep:
    go to Hakkasan if you wanna splash

(Original post by LawBore)
    The one in China Town that is completely black is very nice.
    Plum Valley..supposed to be very good

ReputationRep:
    Noodle King on Brick Lane - OM NOM NOM NOM!
    They give large enough portions to be filling, ahve a wide choice in dishes, and the service is usually pleasingly quick (yet not so quick as to have you worried about the freshness of the food).
    Ftr, their sweet & sour hong kong style prawns are to die for, along with most of their meals.
    I wanna go there now ='[

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.