Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering if anyone can help me out. In the middle of my 3rd year and long story short I've had a few issues to deal with outside uni eating up my time do work. After weighing things up it lead me to consider the possibilty of staying in uni a 4th year

After discussing this with my course leader he said I may possibly be able to do what I can now and push the modules I have yet to submit work for (i.e final project) to next year. This without the 40% penalty you normally would for failing. I'd get my full degree next year instead of this. Now here's my questions.

Anyone know if I will be still eligble to recieve my tuition and maintanence loans? I read they cover up to 4 years in uni and this would be my 4th. The final year project makes up 36 out of 120 credits and I'm wondering if this is sufficient enough for next years finance. In general when people fail their 3rd year and do a 4th are there any likely scenarios where they wouldn't be ellible for loans? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine.

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't get funded for your repeat year unless you have already used up your additional year safety net on a previous course.

ReputationRep:
    depends on if you would still qualify as a fully enrolled student. if your required hours are not sufficient, you might be classed part time. also, you might have to pay another year's tuition fees to be "fully enrolled" again.

ask your uni registry people about it.

also, if you fail the year, i dont think you are eligible for loans. some other extenuating circumstances is fine. that also depends on your loans body as well.

ReputationRep:
    If you fail year three and have to repeat then you will be eligible for full funding.

As long as you are enrolled at university and in attendance on a full time course (read that bit carefully: it does not actually mean you have to be attending full time)

ReputationRep:
    your marks get capped?

I thought your marks only get capped if you redo the exams/esssays you fail that year, as in resubmit them a few months later, not If you pay to resit the whole year again.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.