Turn on thread page Beta

who else ****** up the LNAT admissions test for Law? C'mon, make me feel a bit better watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if I'm the only one to totally make a mess of theLNAT exam this year? Last year I got 22 bit wrote a **** essay and this year REALLY messed up. How do you think you did? Anyone a second timer??

ReputationRep:
    Hm.. well my essay question was 'Do you think it should be permissible to sell one's body' and I wrote about selling organs.

Realised that it was supposed to be about prostitution the night after I did it. Then I cried

My multiple choice section is going to be horrible as well. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Niiice. Well, it's a different take on the question, bet they actually loved it! Mine was again ****, I bet they took one look and thought... **** it's that girl from last year that we rejected... Balls. But you have an offer from Bristol?? Wow well done, I got 4 A's but didn't get one... When did you apply this yea? I haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    dw i did this last year, i ended up scoring 1 point above the average, but i still got offers from Kings, Exeter, Southampton etc. Many unis concentrate more on the essay because the multiple choice can be quite confusing, especially for people that cant read well off computers.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I did the opposite last year, I got 22 in the multiple choice but wrote a shocking essay, this year I did badly in both... mind me asking what you got A levels wise? Any re-takes? I'm still a bit bummed that I got 3 rejections last year and don't reaaallly know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexi_lou)
    Niiice. Well, it's a different take on the question, bet they actually loved it! Mine was again ****, I bet they took one look and thought... **** it's that girl from last year that we rejected... Balls. But you have an offer from Bristol?? Wow well done, I got 4 A's but didn't get one... When did you apply this yea? I haven't heard anything yet.
    Nooo of course they won't do that! By reapplying, you'll probably look extremely committed to your subject and I really hope you get in this year!

I applied Nov 20th so its some time ago You'll hear from your unis soon, I'm sure. Also, I sure you did better on your LNAT than you think!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, cheers, you're right. So where is your 1st choice?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, cheers, you're right. So where is your 1st choice?
    Either UCL or King's if I manage to get an offer. (I prefer UCL but I'm so anticipating a rejection that mentally I think I've already gotten it)

If not it will be Bristol.

What about your 5 choices?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry.. you're not certain how you've done yet! You could have guessed all the correct answers in the MCQ

ReputationRep:
    I'm crossing my fingers till the end of January when those LNAT *******s tell us... Ooh UCL and Bristol sound good, a frined of mine is doin law and french at kings and he's lovin it but says it's the hardest course eveeerrrrr. I applied to UCL, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Notts. Last year I got rejections from Oxford, UCL and Bristol but offers from Leeds and Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I definitely screwed up my LNAT-essay.. Good-bye Durham

ReputationRep:
    Well, I cant know how I did on my LNAT.I guess my score will be about 18-20.However, I think I aced my essay ==> 605 words, two examples, opening paragraph,conclusion,, everything went perfect

ReputationRep:
    TBH I don't really know how I think it went. I've always been a bit meh about the MCQs, but I suppose they can't have gone too badly for UCL to have given me an offer.

I really quite enjoyed the essay. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm having mine on thursday..... m sooo ******* scared i get pissed off nd snap at random stuffs... kmft... just praying i do well in the essay...

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I felt that the MCQ section didn't go as well as I had hoped. I didn't really pay much attention to it beforehand nor do any strenuous revision for it and only went through a few past papers. I had to pretty much guess the last 2-3 questions on the MCQ and, along with the others I had no clue for, I'd say i'm looking at a very average score. However, I felt that my essay was pretty good, I managed to get in all the points that I wanted and had a coherent structure (Introduction, two opposing paragraphs and a conclusion). I've been told that Notts take the LNAT very seriously so I could be rejected on the basis that I didn't reach the appropriate score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chanita)
    I'm having mine on thursday..... m sooo ******* scared i get pissed off nd snap at random stuffs... kmft... just praying i do well in the essay...
    Hasn't the deadline for sitting the LNAT already passed?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if I'm the only one to totally make a mess of theLNAT exam this year? Last year I got 22 bit wrote a **** essay and this year REALLY messed up. How do you think you did? Anyone a second timer??

Hey there. I know how crappy you must be feeling right now, because I went through the exact same thing in September. I was supposed to be studying for my finals (I'm an international student), but I couldn't stop thinking about my MCQ which I am convinced I messed up really badly. I told my mum I may get 5/30 and I think I made her panic.

I still don't know what my LNAT score is, but I guess we will find out soon enough. However, many many people on here have said that they ended up doing better than they thought they did, and I did not believe them to begin with, but I got UCL/KCL offers so it couldn't have been a 5.

Take a deep breath and just block it out of your mind. You'll end up doing better than you think you did I'm sure :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirose)
    Hm.. well my essay question was 'Do you think it should be permissible to sell one's body' and I wrote about selling organs.

Realised that it was supposed to be about prostitution the night after I did it. Then I cried

My multiple choice section is going to be horrible as well. Sigh.
    lol unlucky

although tbh, if that was how it was written it could well have caused confusion amongst some people so maybe they'll look over it and read it as if the question was how you interpreted it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    lol unlucky

although tbh, if that was how it was written it could well have caused confusion amongst some people so maybe they'll look over it and read it as if the question was how you interpreted it?
    God I really hope so.. I've been killing myself over this for weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    Hasn't the deadline for sitting the LNAT already passed?
    yer it has, wow remider or my bad luck in life, i have my test on thursday cuz my ****** up teacher never told us of the date, so i rang up birmingham and they said it fine as long as i do well. its a 50/50 thing really... fingers crossed

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.