Turn on thread page Beta

anywhere in europe in a fornight, where, why? watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm looking to travel somewhere in a fortnight. preferably somewhere in europe, this trip's going to be the starting point of a long year travelling.

i already have dates lined up for moscow, nyc and chicago

looking for where you guys would love to go and why. i'm interested in art/history of, architecture, culture, food, music, homosexuality etc etc

any reccomendations would be great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Look no further than Cyprus.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going alone, with a friend or in a group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    aimee[/s].]Are you going alone, with a friend or in a group?
    a friend

ReputationRep:
    Get an interrail ticket - this lets you use most trains in Europe for free. I'm going in the summer, straight after my A-levels.

I would be inclined to look at Eastern Europe, to find completely different cultures. With Interrail you could do 2 or 3 countries. :-)

(Original post by Jfranny)
    a friend
    Cologne!

ReputationRep:
    Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest Budapest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jfranny)
    a friend
    Wait, IN a fortnight? I was going to suggest Eastern Europe, which is great (and ridiculously cheap!), but it's probably not ideal at this time of year....Turkey? I have my sights on Istanbul at the moment, and it fits most of your requirements (although maybe not the homosexuality one.) Or anywhere in Southern Europe?

ReputationRep:
    Lake Garda in italy. Also that's where the James Bond QOS car chase was filmed. And in The Italian Job it's where the bus is filmed balancing off a cliff. NEED I SAY MORE.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.