Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what happens if u get caught driving alone? watch

ReputationRep:
    if u have a learnes license and you are not allowed to drive alone what will happen? i got my first car a month ago but i am still on my learners and still didn't go get my restricted license. Just now when i was driving a police car behind me turned on its sirens.... i was so scared i sharted a little bit .. thank god though he passed me and turns out was chasing someone else... i know if i was caught i wouldve been in deep ****.

ReputationRep:
    You get 6 points automatically as soon as you get the full license. I think.
    Either way I wouldn't do it. Unless you have a license plate flipper and a gatling gun.

ReputationRep:
    The normal allegation would be driving “otherwise in accordance with your licene” (offence code LC20) which is punishable with 3-6 penalty points and a fine. However, this offence would also mean that any insurance in place would be automatically void. Consequently, the Police will probably prosecute for that offence as well which carries 6-8 points and a fine. Individually, or combined, these offences could result in a discretionary disqualification.
    Source.

ReputationRep:
    i thought you automatically loose your license if you get 6 point on your license within 1 year or so of passing?

ReputationRep:
    Execution or sterilisation.

ReputationRep:
    yep, no drive thru KFC for you

ReputationRep:
    Yup, you'll get 6 points, which means when you get your license you automatically loose it, and get a 6 month ban I think it is and have to redo the test.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it again. It's one of the reasons my insurance premiums are so high, because unlicensed, uninsured drivers are causing problems for other road users.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renlok)
    i thought you automatically loose your license if you get 6 point on your license within 1 year or so of passing?
    He says he hasn't passed yet, so the New Drivers Act does not apply in this case.

(Original post by theronkinator)
    which means when you get your license you automatically loose it,
    Wrong. Only points gained after the first successful test pass (when added to previous ones) count towards a revocation under the New Drivers Act.
    and get a 6 month ban I think it is and have to redo the test.
    You're confusing bans with a new driver's revocation. They're completely different.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of points, big fine, and a ban from driving.

ReputationRep:
    Be aware that as you are as good as driving without insurance the police have the power to seize and crush your car.

ReputationRep:
    Be aware that as you are as good as driving without insurance the police have the power to seize and crush your car.

ReputationRep:
    You disappear......

ReputationRep:
    If you're in Bradford you get a slap on the bum and sent on your way

ReputationRep:
    Shame he didn't stop you really isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    Don't do it again. It's one of the reasons my insurance premiums are so high, because unlicensed, uninsured drivers are causing problems for other road users.
    QFT.

ReputationRep:
    In many cases insurance is only invalid if you hold no licence, or if you are driving while disqualified. Driving otherwise than in accordance does not necessarily mean your insurance is invalid.

The CPS would have to prove to the court's satisfaction your insurance wasn't valid for 3rd Party risk, the bare minimum to drive on public highway. However, you'd get fairly screwed for DOTI either way. Don't do it.

Hasn't it struck anyone as peculiar that the OP refers to a "restricted" licence. Not British perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advisor)
    He says he hasn't passed yet, so the New Drivers Act does not apply in this case.
    but if you get 6 points instantly when you pass for getting caught without a licence you would loose it as soon as you et it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renlok)
    but if you get 6 points instantly when you pass for getting caught without a licence you would loose it as soon as you et it.
    How can you be caught "without a licence" when you've passed? Anyway, like I said, a revocation would only occur if you accumulate penalty points after passing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    if u have a learnes license and you are not allowed to drive alone what will happen? i got my first car a month ago but i am still on my learners and still didn't go get my restricted license. Just now when i was driving a police car behind me turned on its sirens.... i was so scared i sharted a little bit .. thank god though he passed me and turns out was chasing someone else... i know if i was caught i wouldve been in deep ****.
    You probs get a little fine and a few points. But if I'm right, even if you do have insurance (which I doubt given you're the kind of person who drives on his own on a provisional) it won't cover you driving alone. That means that when you hit a brain surgeon at 30mph and kill him, you spend the rest of your life paying off the massive compensation which would be covered by your insurance. But that's what you get for being a ****.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.