there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Resolved.

so hobs on max.
wrong hob plate.
handle over wrong hob plate (not touching it of course).
I put my hand to the pan handle (not realising it's the wrong hob plate thingy) and within a second my skin goes dead.

I run it under cold water for a minute. Then two minutes not doing anything. Then I kept it in cold water for, now, 2 hours.
every time it's out of the water I'm in agony with it.
No painkillers about.
What should I do to it apart from water?
ouchies
Attached files
Last edited by there's too much love; 8 years ago
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
just make sure the waters running, or have lots and lots of ice in the water to keep it really cool. not huge amounts more you can do for it.
could ask a flatmate or someone if they have any painkillers?

before you go to bed just put a clean bandage, or failing that clingfilm round it to keep the dirt out
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How big is the burn area? Is the skin pink or pussy and yellow? You need to keep it cool and clean. Clingflim it and wrap some frozen veg in a towel and put it on that. Don't burst any blisters and if it's still hot and painful in the morning consider going to your GP.
HCD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Man up and tough it out.
ste_mc_efc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Amputation is THE only cure.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
it's white blisters. end of main lef finger opposite of nail side is about 50% covered.
slowly filling up with healing fluid.

will the water aid recovery?
or just less pain.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
(Original post by HCD)
Man up and tough it out.
problem-you're a ****** up **** muncher.
modini
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmm, you could rub a load of savlon over the burn and then bandage or clingfilm it up when you go to bed.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
no medicine type things in, and photo added, nowt special about them, just a bit painful...(ok, very painful)
Starless Eyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was told ice packs help.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
(Original post by Starless Eyes)
I was told ice packs help.
frozen veg is all I got:p:
Starless Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
frozen veg is all I got:p:
I guess that will do
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Right, make sure you don't burst those blisters! And if you put frozen veg on it, you do wrap it in something - if you put it straight on it'll probably take the blisters and half the remaining skin off :eek: I'd stop with the water tbh, the blisters and the pus inside will start to heal your skin. The idea of cold water is that it draws the heat out of your skin quickly, lessening/stopping any further burning and cooling down the area. If blisters are formed, then it won't have anything to cool down because the pus will do that for it...
there's too much love
Rep:
?
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Right, make sure you don't burst those blisters! And if you put frozen veg on it, you do wrap it in something - if you put it straight on it'll probably take the blisters and half the remaining skin off :eek: I'd stop with the water tbh, the blisters and the pus inside will start to heal your skin. The idea of cold water is that it draws the heat out of your skin quickly, lessening/stopping any further burning and cooling down the area. If blisters are formed, then it won't have anything to cool down because the pus will do that for it...
why does it feel when out of water that the end of my finger is going to burst off?
like masturbation, but instead of pleasure, ouchies.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
why does it feel when out of water that the end of my finger is going to burst off?
like masturbation, but instead of pleasure, ouchies.
I would guess the air is irritating it. Try wrapping them in clingfilm (individually) and go and see someone in the morning if you value your finger tips :yy:
there's too much love
Rep:
?
I would guess the air is irritating it. Try wrapping them in clingfilm (individually) and go and see someone in the morning if you value your finger tips :yy:
nowt to wrap them up with.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
okay tonight I'll keep them in water, hand in water on floor...
...that way the air can't irritate it?
Bhumbauze
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
LOL that's a bad one. Used to work in a kitchen, had my share of burns (I got a perfect love-heart shaped one on Valentines day! No joke!) and basically... you need to man up. Cool it under running water for 10 mins (a luxury - in a busy kitchen you don't even get that) and then just leave it. Keeping it in water will only prolong the pain, it'll hurt just as much every time you take it out. Either that or you'll waterlog / wrinkle the skin and make it more painful. Don't wrap it either, just leave it.

Though if your blisters come off / bleed, it'll need bandaging.
sil3nt_cha0s
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Right, make sure you don't burst those blisters! And if you put frozen veg on it, you do wrap it in something - if you put it straight on it'll probably take the blisters and half the remaining skin off http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/eek.gif I'd stop with the water tbh, the blisters and the pus inside will start to heal your skin. The idea of cold water is that it draws the heat out of your skin quickly, lessening/stopping any further burning and cooling down the area. If blisters are formed, then it won't have anything to cool down because the pus will do that for it...
you know your stuff :daydreaming:
Starless Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your use of 'ouchies' makes me giggle
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (547)
91.17%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (53)
8.83%

Watched Threads