The Student Room Group

Really like this girl but messed things up, is it possible to put things right?

anon for obvious reasons-rather it is deleted

I started uni in september and met this girl from another halls of residence on campus during freshers week on a day trip. We got on fairly well and whenever id see her wed stop to chat-usually small talk with a little bit of flirting.As the term went on I started seeing her on nights out. I really genuinely liked her but for no particular reason I would never speak to her or pay her much attention in clubs or bars on nights out (just the odd hello). If anything I got the feeling she was more difficult to talk to and flirt with in clubs than she was in the day (wed flirt a fair bit in the day).
This kinda fizzled into our daytime interaction and the frequent chats turned into smiles/helloes into ignoring each other. The same happened in clubs and got to the point where we would just ignore each other full stop-mainly initiated by me as I was just a bit frustrated and being at uni Im not gnna just wait on one girl the whole year.
I genuinely like the girl and kinda feel that this whole thing is my fault as I started the whole partial ignoring thing. To make matters worse I can wrongly come across as quite cocky-simply cos im very confident.

I saw her out friday night and she kept staring at me and in my general direction on more than a few occasions but I bottled speaking to her as I thought it would look really odd because i would have gone from talking to her to ignoring her completely to talking to her again and if anything I didnt want her thinking that I was jst trying it on with her for a one night thing (shes known on campus for being one of the best looking girls ). I genuinely feel bad as well as think if anything ive come across as very rude ,but weve been ignoring each other for so long and it was so blatant from my side friday night - I doubt things can improve but i hope there is a way.
Can anyone give any insight as to how she might feel/ways to put things right
Reply 1
Well, it's hard to tell from 'looks' you might get from her as to whether she actually has any feelings for you, it seems kind of like she was just a distant friend or something. I'd advise actually knowing her well first, getting to know her as a good friend, talking more often, the usual stuff that's needed for any sort of relationship to ever happen. Don't be held back by embarrassment, just try and be friendly. I know how you must feel though. Good luck with all that :smile:
You've just written, almost, a mirror image of my situation
Reply 3
LOZZAT
Well, it's hard to tell from 'looks' you might get from her as to whether she actually has any feelings for you, it seems kind of like she was just a distant friend or something. I'd advise actually knowing her well first, getting to know her as a good friend, talking more often, the usual stuff that's needed for any sort of relationship to ever happen. Don't be held back by embarrassment, just try and be friendly. I know how you must feel though. Good luck with all that :smile:

Its so difficult trying to talk to her..I really like her but dont see the point anymore-its quite awkward as we just ignore each other now
Reply 4
Pretty sure shell be out tonight....should I say something
Anonymous
Pretty sure shell be out tonight....should I say something

Talk to her! She's probably a bit confused because you've kind of been sending her mixed signals unintentionally. But it sounds like she likes you.

Just go for it! :smile: Otherwise you're always going to wonder what could have happened...
Anonymous
You've just written, almost, a mirror image of my situation

Mine as well! :s-smilie:

I'm perfectly fine around anyone else but soon as I see this girl I like I can't think of anything to say. Damn annoying!

Latest

Trending

Trending