Turn on thread page Beta

In short.
    one of my best friends at uni, i love him to bits (in that friend way)
    one night we were really drunk and ended up making out for quite a while,all the time saying 'this is probably a bad plan' 'its okay if we just kiss, right? ' (could ruin our friendship,living together next year etc etc)
    it was really nice.
    but the weirdest thing is...its not that weird. like we havent been akward at all, not even initially and strangest for me is i didn't get that horrible feeling that comes with a hangover of 'oh god, what have i done' nor did i feel in anyway slutty or dirty as i often do when it comes to other boys.

i'm probably just overthinking to be honest but part of me wants it to happen again, part of me thinks it was just a drunk friend thing.

i don't even know what i'm thinking any more.

female by the way.

ReputationRep:
    go for it then! see if he feels the same ! good luck X

ReputationRep:
    a friend is a friend throughout the years, a boyfriend
    is just a boyfriend (only God knows for how long).

ReputationRep:
    Get him drunk again and see if you can get to 3rd base.

Only joking, just leave it, if its meant to be, it will happen again. He may be feeling the same way, you never know. But it might make it awkward if you bring up the fact what you are feeling right away.

ReputationRep:
    Well

I have slept with one of my best friends on a couple of occasions...

...and it's not awkward at all. I didn't think that this would be the situation - I assumed like most sane people would that it would be a bit all "eerrr yea" afterwards - but it wasn't.

So don't worry about it

Just chill out and enjoy the friendship for what it is - if stuff happens it happens - you can still be friends.

I think it's actually about how much you genuinely connect with a person on a friendship level - if the bond is really strong as in the rare kind of strong where you can be yourself completely with them on a very platonic level then it seems to be oki to fall into bed once in a while..

i've been in similar,more drunken situations before with male friends and although the akwardness might not have been there, there's always an intense feeling of guilt or regret accompanying it. which there wasn't this time.
    i think i'm overthinking things, if it happens again it happens again and it'll probably be nice again.
    sorry bout this, just being a crazy insomniac. (:
    thankyou everyone, though. (:

(Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    Get him drunk again and see if you can get to 3rd base.

Only joking, just leave it, if its meant to be, it will happen again. He may be feeling the same way, you never know. But it might make it awkward if you bring up the fact what you are feeling right away.
    exactly, because, i don't even know what i'm feeling anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh the only time I've ever felt that comfortable making out with someone...er, well we're still going out. Boyfriends should be best friends too (IMO); do you feel actually attracted to him?

(Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Tbh the only time I've ever felt that comfortable making out with someone...er, well we're still going out. Boyfriends should be best friends too (IMO); do you feel actually attracted to him?
    well he is an attractive guy.
    i'm not going to spew lots of oxymorons, because believe me i will.
    i dunno, i think i'm just confusing myself to be honest.
    it sounds stupid but i don't even know when i'm attracted to guys anymore,like properly.

in essence i'm just getting myself out of the habit of swooning anytime anyone shows any interest in me.
    but in short, he is lovely, and he is attractive, i just can't tell what i'm thinking any more.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a month or two. Then you will probably know what you are feeling!

(Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    Give it a month or two. Then you will probably know what you are feeling!
    fact.
    good plan.
    i'm just garbling nonsense at the moment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.