Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard back from Queens or Ulster about Social Work yet, or have any idea when they do their interviews? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I applied too to QUB and Ulster, but the UCAS application date was only the 22nd January, so I doubt they will get back before the end of the week. Not sure on interview dates though!

P.S. There's only 80 places in the social work undergraduate course in QUB so I doubt they'd start giving offers until they got all the applications. And from what I've heard, (though I could be wrong), Queen's and Ulster get together and have just one interview for applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i suppose it's going to be a while i'm just sooooooo desperate for some sort of reply mind you if i'm lucky enough to get an interview i'll probably mess it up with nerves!

ReputationRep:
    i've applied to both also, anxious to hear about interviews - if i get that far! just had an acknowledgement through the post from ulster, along with a data release form so they can share info with Queens due to the joint interview process. best of luck you guys

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i had my data release form as well so they must be starting to sort out dates for interviews, hope we all get one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studycrazy)
    Yeah i had my data release form as well so they must be starting to sort out dates for interviews, hope we all get one

interviews wont be until around march/april and yes the uni of ulster and queens hold just one interview, its nothing to worry about really. before the interview stage you will be asked to write a sort fo essay on why you have applied and various other questions like what you feel the role of a social worker is.

Yes there are only 80 places and a lot of people are rejected initially at the UCAS stage, then there is the essay where I assume people will be rejected also, then the interview!

if you want to know anything else just ask!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a letter from Ulster asking me to write another personal statement explaining what i think social work is, what social work training will involve and what experience i have had that has made me want to train as a social worker. No more than 600 words this will be difficult for me i like to write 1000s of words lol! Awwwww i sooooooooo want to do social work and i know it's so difficult to get into and there are probably people applying with much more experience than me still i'm going to try my best!

Are you doing social work at the moment keep?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a letter from Ulster asking me to write another personal statement explaining what i think social work is, what social work training will involve and what experience i have had that has made me want to train as a social worker. No more than 600 words this will be difficult for me i like to write 1000s of words lol! Awwwww i sooooooooo want to do social work and i know it's so difficult to get into and there are probably people applying with much more experience than me still i'm going to try my best!

Are you doing social work at the moment keep?
    yeah im in my 2nd year! i got into both UU and queens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepsmilin)
    yeah im in my 2nd year! i got into both UU and queens.
    Brilliant! I'd love an offer for anywhere Really is what i want to do but i'm finding this 2nd personal statement difficult i'm just hopeing it's good enough! I might not get one but just incase what was the interview like? Are you enjoying the course? :o:

ReputationRep:
    hey studycrazy, got this statement to do also! feeling the pressure as i know the places are limited and just hoping i can write something brilliant! LOL

what campus are you applying to for UU?

ReputationRep:
    yeh it is quite hard to get into but dont worry! what experience do you all have? just big up whatever experience you have! the wee statement is a bit of a melt but try your hardest.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately my experience compared to other peoples is pretty pants! Because my access course is full time i'm finding it hard to get anywhere at present, i've contacted a place that has evenings for the elderly that wanted volunteers just one night a week to help out at their befriending nights so i'm hopeing i'll hear something back, other than that i only have experience from when i was involved with a social worker myself, and the social worker who helped us care for an elderly relative before she passed away. Saying that i've been able to see first hand what they did for my relative and also what they have done for me, and of course how reluctant i was towards my social worker in the first few weeks of meeting them! Poor social worker i wasn't the easiest person to have to deal with lol!

Hi Laura good luck with the statement! I'm applying through UU to go to the course in BMC - What about you?

ReputationRep:
    thats very good experience to have! in your interview you wont be ask what your experience is, you will be asked why you applied though or what lead to apply so its more how your experiences (no matter how limited they are) have made you want to do the course. the statement is really where you list your experience.

your interview will have a few scenario questions just really and very general stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately my experience compared to other peoples is pretty pants! Because my access course is full time i'm finding it hard to get anywhere at present, i've contacted a place that has evenings for the elderly that wanted volunteers just one night a week to help out at their befriending nights so i'm hopeing i'll hear something back, other than that i only have experience from when i was involved with a social worker myself, and the social worker who helped us care for an elderly relative before she passed away. Saying that i've been able to see first hand what they did for my relative and also what they have done for me, and of course how reluctant i was towards my social worker in the first few weeks of meeting them! Poor social worker i wasn't the easiest person to have to deal with lol!

Hi Laura good luck with the statement! I'm applying through UU to go to the course in BMC - What about you?
    thanks, you too! I'm applying to BMC also

i think you have more experience than you probably realize. Having first hand experience of being a service user is extremely valuable, as well as supporting your relative through the process, so big this up!

Is your statement due on the 9th? hopefully it'll not be too long after then til we find out if we've got an interview or not, eek!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mine is due on the 9th, i'm so paranoid it may get lost in the post so i was thinking of emailing it to the address they have given but i'm not sure which is better!

ReputationRep:
    it wont get lost in the post lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol keep i think i just want it so much every little thing i am worrying about - silly really! I've sent it off though and pray it is good enough

ReputationRep:
    are you still at school?
    when i was in my 1st year i was 20 but there were a lot of people came straight from school.

ReputationRep:
    Lol keep i think i just want it so much every little thing i am worrying about - silly really! I've sent it off though and pray it is good enough
    great, let me know how you get on and when you get your interview! I've just started this statement today, my heads pickled with it lol aiming to get it done and emailed by saturday, so nervous about it all

ReputationRep:
    Keep i'm in college at the moment doing the access course, i've done some sociology and health and social care with the open university and did some care work for four months, I'm 23 ...Old!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.