Turn on thread page Beta

OCR [MEI] Statistics 1 Exam Monday 25th Jan watch

ReputationRep:
    It was all pretty piss to be fair

dont we have to wait 24 hours before exam discussion?

ReputationRep:
    Only on certain boards, OCR isn't one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junwin)
    Also, the prize one, for the 'no student can win all three prizes' i did 20x20x19 + 20^3, because, for the first prize all 20 can get it and then the second any 20 can get it, now if the first two prices were won by the same person then the third can only be won by 19 of the people or it could happen that the first and second prizes were won by different people so the third could be won by any 20, hence 20^3.
    That would add up to more than 20^3. How could it possibly be more than 20^3; that's the least restrictive case. More conditions should reduce that.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's true. ********.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh 1/10^4 makes sense ¬_¬ i did 1/10P4

and for the prize, i did for the first part .. 20*19*18
    and second part 20*20*19
    which some of you say are wrong and i trust you...but i think i wuda got some of the marks there :P
    rest of the stuff was ok

not to sure about the , one day low, one day medium and one day high
    i did, 3*0.5*0.15*0.35
    which im sure is wrong to
    the rest was ok though

ReputationRep:
    I think you were supposed to times it by 6 (3!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junwin)
    I think you were supposed to times it by 6 (3!).
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't think of any more tricky questions in this exam. High grade boundaries perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Humm... I spent embarressing long on question 2 trying to figure out how P(X=10)=0.1, took me ages to realise it's 2/5*1/4....

Did everybody else use E(X)=np on the question with the 30 questions and 60% chance a student got a question right.

Failed the Prizes question... utter fail. Spent ages trying to think it through logically but nobody else seemed to get the answer I got; 20C3 for the first one and 20C2+20C3 for the second. I was never good at working out if it was a permutation or combination anyway...

The Histogram question was OK, I think. Nothing too strenuous, apart from when I almost forgot to label my axis and had to scribble ***. freq. and length (mm) on it at the end =p

Last question was good, nice logical answers. Hypothesis test wasn't in the format that I expected, Did everyone else reject H0 in favour of H1?

I have the paper with me so quote me if you need exact details on a question =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking that the overall difficulty of the paper (easy...) High Grade Boundaries.

Any else finish ridiculously early? Like 30mins to spare?

ReputationRep:
    I had lots of time to spare but wasted it thinking about the 3 prizes questions instead of checking :/ I ended up settling with 20P3 for the first part and 20^3 - 20 for the second.

ReputationRep:
    I normally finish the maths exams in about 45 minutes, but this one only took me 35. Nearly an hour of boredom ensued...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.