Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help... not sure what the general rule on this is........ HELP!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.. I do 4 subjects, bio, chem, phys and maths and also an AQA extended project, all of which I put on my UCAS form. I have since received an offer from manchester which is AAB incl and A in chemistry..

since it does not specify the 4th A level or the extended project grade, am I right to assume that I don't need them and can drop them I am finding the work load quite intense at the moment

ReputationRep:
    You have to contact the uni, cause they'll expect results after seeing it on your ucas, but should be fine dropping it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    You have to contact the uni, cause they'll expect results after seeing it on your ucas, but should be fine dropping it.
    ah thanks, that's ok, so it should be ok to drop physics/extended project or both.. i think i might keep the 4th subject not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertwarrior)
    ah thanks, that's ok, so it should be ok to drop physics/extended project or both.. i think i might keep the 4th subject not sure
    You have to notify both UCAS and your choices of the change, but you would be ill-advised to do anything irrevocable until after you have ascertained the attitude of the offering university to the change. They have the right to amend or rescind the offer if your application changes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You have to notify both UCAS and your choices of the change, but you would be ill-advised to do anything irrevocable until after you have ascertained the attitude of the offering university to the change. They have the right to amend or rescind the offer if your application changes.
    oh ok thanks, I appreciate it.. I might ring the uni or something, I still don't know whether to carry on

ReputationRep:
    oh ok thanks, I appreciate it.. I might ring the uni or something, I still don't know whether to carry on
    you definitely can't just drop it that's for sure :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    you definitely can't just drop it that's for sure :/
    I probably won't drop it to be honest, i'll just do what I can, and as long as I pass the 4th subject and extended project whilst achieving my offer they can't reject me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I probably won't drop it to be honest, i'll just do what I can, and as long as I pass the 4th subject and extended project whilst achieving my offer they can't reject me :p:
    exactly
    damn i really could not handle four alevels right now, 3 is moreee than enough :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    exactly
    damn i really could not handle four alevels right now, 3 is moreee than enough :sigh:
    ye man, it's not great.. lol I really want to go to newcastle and they want 3A's, so if i get an A in maths bio and chem, then I can get a B in physics... all i need is a D this year :P

ReputationRep:
    If the offer doesn't require it ditch it.

I applied doing 6 A levels, once I got my offers it was down to 3 before you could blink.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.