Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    By "a lot" I do not mean all so please take note of that.
    Lucky for me I grew up in a ********* full of young girls & guys who change partners as often as they change their underwear. In sex-ed the girls would say that they preferred it "bare-back" as it was less sensitive when there was a condom on. When told if they were worried about pregnancy they stated that they could just have an abortion. If there was fear of an STI they thought they could easily take some medicine.

As Chlamidya is famously known as symptomless it prompted a lot of girls (and guys) to take the free test and any worried girls would not have to bother with a GUM clinic. If this were not done the problem could have been a lot worse.

So yes, I should not have generalised but thats my take on the situation. My Sixth form was in a better area and there was less mindless shagging.

ReputationRep:
    These adverts would annoy me just because they're rubbing in it in that I don't get any sex. I say they would annoy me, they currently don't since this is the first I've heard about them. That's what you get for not having a TV signal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    Why talk about it?

Just get yourself tested between each sexual partner.
    How? I shag 2 or 3 guys a night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    My mate had a chlamydia test and she said it was the most uncomfortable thing she ever experienced.
    Peeing in a jar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Peeing in a jar?
    No i think they had to take vaginal swab or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugehunglad)
    How? I shag 2 or 3 guys a night.
    haha

:ahee:
    Buy a home testing kit? Force them to use protection in that case?

(Original post by hippieglitter)
    No i think they had to take vaginal swab or something.
    I've been tested and I pee'd in a small bottle they gave me. Are you sure she didn't get other things tested at the same time. AIDS maybe?

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, we are aware of it; all this relentless advertising will just convince some teens to think every teenager in the country has got it, which will terrify some beyond rational thought.

Not being funny, how common is it? The stuff I've seen says like 1 in 10 or 15 teenagers have it or have had it; but that's like saying I'll walk into my sixth form tomorrow and around 20/30 of the other students have had/got it. Thinking of it that way is really worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I've been tested 3 times already, even though i know there's no way i could have got chlamydia, i do it for the free stuff...

but now i'm being asked to do another because if everyone in the rowing club does it the society get £50.. so i'll be a team player and pee in a pot but it's getting irritating now :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.