Turn on thread page Beta

Can you ever feel the presence of the dead?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone.xox)
    Tbh I believe in all that, like when you're home alone and you feel as if someone's starring at you, you can like feel someone near you & I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks that because I might sound like a bit of a crazy person.
    That's called "paranoia". :p:

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boney King of Nowhere)
    Finally, someone else with a sense of humour
    there's having a sense of humor and then there's being completely rude and inappropriate. you're the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Her dad's dead. Hallucinating his `perfume' isn't going to change that, or provide any evidence that he's still `alive' in any form.
    It doesn't give you any right to say that :no:. What an ********.

My mum told me that when I was little I used to to speak to an old man, and my mum would go in my room and ask who ask was speaking to and I'd say that old man, and my room would be empty. But I can't remember this, and I was like 4 or 5 at the time so it could quite easily (and probably) be my childhood imagination.

ReputationRep:
    No. And even if I did, I'd put it down to something logical and sciency, such is my belief on the dead having nothing but rot to contend with.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who swears she can sense and hear the dead. I'm highly sceptical of her claims though, it's sometimes the basis of many arguments between us.

ReputationRep:
    It's impolite to feel other people's presents. Just wait til they've opened them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I have a friend who swears she can sense and hear the dead. I'm highly sceptical of her claims though, it's sometimes the basis of many arguments between us.
    Have you referred her to the clinic yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    Have you referred her to the clinic yet?
    Nope but I have considered using the following music should I do it:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    I'll be interested to see what tune you'll be whistling when death comes a-knockin' on your loved ones doors
    Yes, because people's beliefs always change entirely when they experience a loss. You can be sad someone's dead and not suddenly have to believe that they're floating around in the ether waiting for you.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know that some people on TSR can't show respect even for the deadI wish I had my dad with me today so that I didn't have to listen to all this:cry: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missimpossible)
    Yes, because people's beliefs always change entirely when they experience a loss. You can be sad someone's dead and not suddenly have to believe that they're floating around in the ether waiting for you.
    of course, we all indeed experience it differently and have differing reactions. It can be hard to predict human behaviour can it not!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I couldn't smell the presence of the dead, they can really stink...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by methyl benzene)
    I didn't know that some people on TSR can't show respect even for the deadI wish I had my dad with me today so that I didn't have to listen to all this:cry: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
    Disagreeing with you is not disrespecting the dead.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say to begin with that you did ask "Can you ever feel the presence of the dead", and those who disagree will say 'No there isn't a presence to feel'.

Although I agree, some people haven't been so thoughtful with their comments.
    Just know that if you ask a question, people will answer, plus the internet is full of dicks. If you can't cope with dicks (and why should you, death is a painful, painful thing!) then maybe this kind of thing belongs on a different forum.

I hope things get better for you, as if nothing else I'm sure your Dad would have wanted his child to grow up to be happy in a fully-lived life. All the best.:grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Several members of my family have claimed to have smelt cigarette smoke at my nan's house, even though no one has smoked in the house since my grandad died 20 years ago.

Spirits are often felt through a smell characteristic to them. It's a comforting and non-intrusive way to let you know you're there in times of need.

ReputationRep:
    I used to hear breathing at night that sounded like it was comming from above but i reckon i was just hearing the trees or something (my bedroom is nowhere near anyone elses)
    I also once saw a grey semi transparent face in the mirror (like when i was looking at it from an angle) but that was when i was like 13, ive heard that teenage girls often tend to see "ghosts" some hormonal thing.
    The creepy thing is my sister saw the exact same face, dark eyes with lots of tight ringletted grey hair.

ReputationRep:
    It has been more than 7 years that my father has expired and many times the fragrance of his perfume lingers in the house and then disappears.We're shocked whenever that happens since I can feel the perfume myself:o:Anyone got any explanation for that???
    Thinking you see signs of your lost one's existence is a common reaction. I very much doubt this is due to the presence of ghosts, rather a manner in which the grieving can cope with the loss.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a fair bit of experience with ghosts, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Your Dad wore perfume?

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
    What is the matter with you? ******* disgusting.

---

Yeah OP I think you sometimes can feel a presence there, it's normal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.