Turn on thread page Beta

Can you ever feel the presence of the dead?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missimpossible)
    Yes, because people's beliefs always change entirely when they experience a loss. You can be sad someone's dead and not suddenly have to believe that they're floating around in the ether waiting for you.
    I don't think it's his beliefs that he's questioning, more the insensitive way he was writing his posts.

I'd love to feel like someone's there, soon after I'd lost my dad whenever I was down it felt like he'd got his arms around me hugging me just reassuring, but as many have said, it could just be a psychological thing. I hope not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    Disagreeing with you is not disrespecting the dead.
    Someone called her dad a fag, im pretty sure thats disrespect...

ReputationRep:
    Only through the living: sometimes my mum says something, or gives me a particularly piercing look, and its as if she is my Grandmother who has been dead for almost ten years. But I've never had any kind of 'paranormal' experience.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think ghosts wear perfume

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.