Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for maintainance grant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for student finance using the paper application form. Ive completed everything for the tuition fee loan and the maintainance loan but i didnt see on the form anywhere that i could apply for a maintainance grant..

Anyone have any advice?

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    I did mine online and it involved sending off proof of parents income, e.g. P60.

Best off ringing student finance and ask them!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's changed since I did it, but I do know that the maintenance grant comes from your local council, whereas the two loans come from the student loans company, or student finance england whatever it's called now.

Do you have a link to the application form online? The directgov website usually do a paper copy as a pdf file on the website. If you're still having trouble, get in touch with your local council's education department, they should be able to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    Woah... since when was student finance open to apply to this early?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Since they totally fudged up people's finance last year :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I know I can re-apply for next year on the 28th of jan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    I know I can re-apply for next year on the 28th of jan!
    Ah, i was sure that there was some date in feburary kicking around in my head for reapplying. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I got a letter through a few weeks ago saying it can be re-applied for, for next year from the 28th. Best to get it out the way. Don't want it delayed like last year!

ReputationRep:
    send the form off, and as long as you have ticked means tested, they'll send a letter asking for evidence

ReputationRep:
    Didn't want to start a new topic, so I'm asking here.

Is there a cut off date for when I can apply for the maintenance grant (for 09/10)
    I applied for my student loans back last April or so, and only got them recently. I didn't know I could possibly get a maintenance grant and hadn't really spoke to anyone about there money they'd got etc...but I heard about it the other day, and now I'm hoping I can still apply for a maintenance grant for the 09/ 10 year.
    I'm a full time student and have been since Sept 09, also as I'm 23 my loans aren't based off my parents income either.

(just incase that extra info helps).

Thanks in advance for any help

ReputationRep:
    bump :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    Umm... I have this same problem except I've given evidence and they've sent me a letter summarising everything except the maintenance grant -_- What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I don't know if i'm being stupid but I can't find ANYWHERE on the online application that talks about assesing my household income?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan-danx)
    Ok, I don't know if i'm being stupid but I can't find ANYWHERE on the online application that talks about assesing my household income?!
    I had this same problem, so have many other people. You've probably skipped the income assessment bit like me and can't go back to it. I suggest doing the application by paper.. Just as I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonario)
    I had this same problem, so have many other people. You've probably skipped the income assessment bit like me and can't go back to it. I suggest doing the application by paper.. Just as I did
    Urghh you're kidding me? What a ball ache!! I'm gonna end up getting my loan through when I'm 80 at this rate.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.