Turn on thread page Beta

Cornwall off peak watch

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of heading down to south cornwall, get away from horrible cold weather off peak. When is a good time to go, and is it sunny early in the year? where should I stay, is penzance train best to get from south-east etc??

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible and cold in Cornwall too...

ReputationRep:
    It's nowhere near as cold as where I am, plus it's further south and lighter.. wanna go fro some relief frome now to march timiesh

ReputationRep:
    It just rains down this way. The west is wet.

Surely the east would be a bit better in term of weather?

Seriously, this time of year (and all year long) you'll just get rain and wind.

ReputationRep:
    Dont come this time of year.. its horrible.. i would say best time to come is early summer.

This way you'll get the best of the weather and it was be (so) busy

ReputationRep:
    Escape bad weather by coming to Cornwall? You having a laugh mate?

ReputationRep:
    Although saying about the bad weather...last few days down here has been stunning, was out in the garden shooting in t-shirt, but yes, generally winter Cornish weather = mild (compared to rest of UK) + wind + rain.

ReputationRep:
    Don't. We just have wind and rain and mist and mizzle.

ReputationRep:
    It will be wet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    Escape bad weather by coming to Cornwall? You having a laugh mate?
    I fear he's being serious. As everyone else says there's a reason why we have the phrase 'Good old Cornish weather.'

ReputationRep:
    Unless the aim is to come to the south west and endure our weather for a week, then go home with the realisation that where he lives isn't bad at all. Proceeding with a new found love for the north, and higher satisfaction in life.

Perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    as long as you are a fan of

it shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamer91)
    as long as you are a fan of

it shouldn't be a problem.
    I LOLed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else with differing more subtler opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Notice how everyone who's replied is in/from Cornwall/Devon? Perhaps their opinion is the truth? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    in all seriousness, Cornwall is obviously on the Atlantic coast, and therefore gets alot of rain (just ask any geographer), best stick to the summer if you are planning a trip.

south east is a much better place if you like the dry (albeit colder)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamer91)
    in all seriousness, Cornwall is obviously on the Atlantic coast, and therefore gets alot of rain (just ask any geographer), best stick to the summer if you are planning a trip.

south east is a much better place if you like the dry (albeit colder)

Weatherbase makes out that january is about 8-9 C colder in Cambridge than there on average.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Weatherbase makes out that january is about 8-9 C colder in Cambridge than there on average.:eek:
    A quick search on the BBC Weather website shows that there are just a couple of degrees difference between the temperatures in Truro and Cambridge

I really doubt the statistic you just quoted is accurate, it would make Cambridge an abnormally cold town for that region...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    A quick search on the BBC Weather website shows that there are just a couple of degrees difference between the temperatures in Truro and Cambridge

I really doubt the statistic you just quoted is accurate, it would make Cambridge an abnormally cold town for that region...
    Couple of degrees C...but never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)

Whoops....8-9F I meant

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.