Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can they find out that i googled this cover letter? watch

i applied for a job at burger king and got this off the internet... i think its brilliant because its simple and straight to the point... can they find out that i got it off the internet?

I am writing to submit my details for casual and part-time roles at Burger King. I'm a Year 13 student at Summersit College and would be available to work shifts all weekend and after 4:00 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
    In the past I have enjoyed dining at Burger King and admire the efficient, friendly and polite staff there. I believe my friendly and approachable nature and my strong work ethic would make me a valuable addition to the team.
    I am a good communicator, have initiative and am cool-headed in stressful situations.

I have attached my resume and am available to attend an interview when it suits you.

I look forward to the opportunity to discuss how I can contribute to your team.

They could. I highly HIGHLY doubt they will though.

All cover letters are the same, it doesn't matter. Employers are ridiculously anal about CVs and cover letters, they have to be written in a certain way with a certain structure at a certain length or they'll just look at it and throw it away.

Then again, that's what A4e says, and A4e is a lying leech of our country and its people.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.