Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First of all, don't hate! I know there's plenty of people who dislike jeggins in general!

So, I like jeggins, they're amazingly comfortable! BUT I don't like wearing them with just a top like jeans because that makes me feel just naked. Mostly, I just wear them at home, or with a really really long top/dress.

Also, I like dresses, not really skirts that much though (because they never fit properly etc). Also, dresses don't need to dig into the fat round my hips as much. :rolleyes: Problem is, I don't like tights, they never fit properly and I get ladders really easily. I often wear black leggins instead of tights but I struggle finding leggins long enough?

So, what I thought of doing today was wear jeggins and a simple black cotton dress and a black top over it. Wierd look? I'm only going to an exam so I'm not too fussed today but in general I think it has potential for me? Also, jeggins are warmer than tights or leggins.

ReputationRep:
    picture needed.

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds fine.:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smanth)
    First of all, don't hate! I know there's plenty of people who dislike jeggins in general!

So, I like jeggins, they're amazingly comfortable! BUT I don't like wearing them with just a top like jeans because that makes me feel just naked. Mostly, I just wear them at home, or with a really really long top/dress.

Also, I like dresses, not really skirts that much though (because they never fit properly etc). Also, dresses don't need to dig into the fat round my hips as much. :rolleyes: Problem is, I don't like tights, they never fit properly and I get ladders really easily. I often wear black leggins instead of tights but I struggle finding leggins long enough?

So, what I thought of doing today was wear jeggins and a simple black cotton dress and a black top over it. Wierd look? I'm only going to an exam so I'm not too fussed today but in general I think it has potential for me? Also, jeggins are warmer than tights or leggins.
    It sounds fine to me, but without the pic I can't give a more accurate opinion

ReputationRep:
    Sounds ******* vile.

ReputationRep:
    If you wouldn't wear it with jeans, don't wear it with jeggings. I think some dresses would look weird with jeans underneath.

I think tops + jeggings are okay so long as it covers your butt and there's loads of long vests atm

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the input everyone! I can't take pics as I don't have a camera so I'll just have to go with it.

ReputationRep:
    Jeggins look bad and you should feel bad for wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    No. Just no. Dresses with leggings/jeggings look chavvy. Wear tights, they look a lot classier and more grown up. I know you said they ladder, but get some woollen ribbed tights or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    really depends on which dress and which type of leggings.

Pics are needed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like jeggings but wearing them with a dress is the lesser of two evils, so go for it if you want.

ReputationRep:
    Jeggings :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    No. Just no. Dresses with leggings/jeggings look chavvy. Wear tights, they look a lot classier and more grown up. I know you said they ladder, but get some woollen ribbed tights or something similar.
    That, and tights never fit me as my legs are too long but bigger ones don't fit at the waist.

Black leggins give the same effect as completly opaque tights though, don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smanth)
    That, and tights never fit me as my legs are too long but bigger ones don't fit at the waist.

Black leggins give the same effect as completly opaque tights though, don't they?
    I suppose extra long or stirrup leggings look OK, as long as they're quite a thin material. I think this looks good: http://styleempire.com/stylepress/wp...2/leggings.jpg

But I just hate short leggings where all of the ankle or calf is uncovered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    I suppose extra long or stirrup leggings look OK, as long as they're quite a thin material. I think this looks good: http://styleempire.com/stylepress/wp...2/leggings.jpg

But I just hate short leggings where all of the ankle or calf is uncovered.
    My ankle/calf would get cold! :woo:
    I wear them for warmth so no worries there.

Also great pic. I was wearing a dress (top?) like that in black and it might have been a little wider. So would that have been okay with jeggins or not everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Tights are much nicer. Jeggings and leggings look a bit...common now. Everyone wears them ALL the time. It's boring.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be don't go anywhere near jeggings or leggings. Horrible look!!

ReputationRep:
    pics would be helpful, should be fine though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.