Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

has anyone got any ideas? I need a company which offers 4-week internships in July in IB (M&A or Risk Mgmt) or Asset Mgmt. As I am not from the UK, I would be really thankful for ideas, as I do not know too many firms in the UK except for the big investment banks, Rothschild, Lazard, etc. and law firms.

If anyone needs ideas for internships in Austria, I could give you some advice of course.

Best regards,
    Chris

ReputationRep:
    Almost all summer internship programmes are 10wks, certainly at Rothschild not sure about Lazard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stookie)
    Hey,

has anyone got any ideas? I need a company which offers 4-week internships in July in IB (M&A or Risk Mgmt) or Asset Mgmt. As I am not from the UK, I would be really thankful for ideas, as I do not know too many firms in the UK except for the big investment banks, Rothschild, Lazard, etc. and law firms.

If anyone needs ideas for internships in Austria, I could give you some advice of course.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Most firms will sort out any work permit issues, which shouldnt even be an issue coming from Austria. So, if you have 10 weeks spare during the summer, you can apply for all of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unsung_hero)
    Most firms will sort out any work permit issues, which shouldnt even be an issue coming from Austria. So, if you have 10 weeks spare during the summer, you can apply for all of them!
    That is the problem. My summer vacation is from July to September. I have already accepted an intership with Clifford Chance for August and September in Frankfurt and now I am looking for 4 week possibilities. As I do not know too many financial firms in the UK, I wondered if there are any that take 4 week interns. I know that the big IBs and Rothschild, Lazard, etc. won't.

So I would need some advice, which smaller firms could be possible.

ReputationRep:
    That is the problem. My summer vacation is from July to September. I have already accepted an intership with Clifford Chance for August and September in Frankfurt and now I am looking for 4 week possibilities. As I do not know too many financial firms in the UK, I wondered if there are any that take 4 week interns. I know that the big IBs and Rothschild, Lazard, etc. won't.

So I would need some advice, which smaller firms could be possible.
    You may encounter contractual problems trying to have two internships back to back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    You may encounter contractual problems trying to have two internships back to back.
    Why should I have contractual problems if they aren't at the same time? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why should I have contractual problems if they aren't at the same time? :confused:
    Because you will have to declare that you are also under a contract from another Investment Bank and they may not want you to work for them for a month and then go straight to another bank.

ReputationRep:
    Clifford Chance is a law firm!? Should not be a problem I think. I did not even have to confirm that I will not have an internship with another law firm in the Clifford Chance contract, so IB shouldn't be a real problem there, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I am not saying that it will definately be a problem just thought I would raise the issue incase it was something you hadn't thought of.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean, thank you. Nevertheless, it seems like nobody knows any firms that accept 4-week interns in the UK. So I will not be able to get one anyway, as - like I said - I do not know too many UK firms.

ReputationRep:
    Glencore summer internship is 4 weeks long.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.