Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Let's just imagine for a moment that it was your main priority at uni to have high-quality accommodation regardless of cost. Which UK university do you think could best provide this?

ReputationRep:
    Some of Imperial's halls win hands down. Those that are in South Kensington = :coma:

Probs QMUL too...accommodation is only like five years old, it's all on campus, and it's cheap for central London :yy:

Oxford's are quite nice too..though there are a lot of steps to climb

ReputationRep:
    TVU, Paragon Halls of Residence are good. Built in 2006, all en-suite, nice big modern kitchens, large bedrooms. Won't be the best! But still very nice.

ReputationRep:
    How can anyone really say without visiting them all, I personally really like mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    How can anyone really say without visiting them all, I personally really like mine.
    :ditto:

It all depends how much you are willing to spend - most unis have the good and bad.

Although;http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Accommodation scroll down to Chancellor's Courts. Pretty damn nice tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    How can anyone really say without visiting them all
    Good point. I'm interested to know what people think the contenders are though.

ReputationRep:
    Bangor's new accom is really nice, all opened in 2008/2009. All rooms en-suite, some rooms are extra large, and it's not too expensive either.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly can't complain about the four new halls at Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    I am quite sure the University of East Anglia has the best accommodation for halls of residence, because I think they were rated the best halls in the UK (even though I have never been there myself).

ReputationRep:
    Exeter, really expensive though

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh- Chancellors court or John Burnett are amazing if cost doesnt matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bartram)
    Bangor's new accom is really nice, all opened in 2008/2009. All rooms en-suite, spme rooms are extra large, and it's not too expensive either.
    My friend lives in one of those. £80 a week for en-suite, and it's lovely! Makes me sad

ReputationRep:
    Staffordshire has alright accommodation, its like £90 a week for ensuite but anything below that is like £64-68 quid a week. For the price its a bargain, even though the accommodation was actually designed by a prison architecht. You notice that. Alot.

ReputationRep:
    I've visited a friend's accommodation in Cambridge and could just say: Wow. Probably the best I've seen. Not really modern but very nice, quiet and the view was amazing .

ReputationRep:
    Dundee has probably got the nicest that I've seen, or the posh ones at Strathclyde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Exeter, really expensive though

Exeter ones are nice, most have double beds but they do cost alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_zone)
    Exeter ones are nice, most have double beds but they do cost alot
    Yeah exactly some are up to 6 grand a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Ng)
    I am quite sure the University of East Anglia has the best accommodation for halls of residence, because I think they were rated the best halls in the UK (even though I have never been there myself).

I thought Essex won that award 2009?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidnguyen)
    I've visited a friend's accommodation in Cambridge and could just say: Wow. Probably the best I've seen. Not really modern but very nice, quiet and the view was amazing .

Although with Cambs it really depends on which college you're in and whether you're a 'scholar'. Much of the accommodation that I've experienced there is pretty ****, really (Pembroke).

Brunel's good halls are pretty nice really - I hated living there (due to inconsiderate, loud, messy flatmates) but the actual hall itself was nice.

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.