Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nope, this isn't a thread about having sex without a condom is cool or amazing or that even you should do it. My problem is trying to have sex with my girlfriend and using a condom.

I do admit we have been foolish at times and had sex (although fairly briefly) without a condom and I've sustained the erection just fine and it's all good but whenever I've tried to use a condom it just goes. We've tried about 5 or 6 times now and only in the first occasion did I maintain an erection for about 5 minutes and then lost it - all the others, once I put it on it just killed it off.

I'm sure it's psychological but I have no idea where to start. I'm really angry because I keep killing the mood when we're both horny and although she says she doesn't mind I do feel like she does get slightly annoyed that it is a problem. We've tried pretty much everything; her putting it on, giving me a blowjob whilst on to keep it up, etc. Nothing has worked and I just can't understand what I can do. It's weird because I've always been horny and it's not like I get overly worried about it so it's definitely something sub-consciously or something.

ReputationRep:
    It probably is all psychological but it's worth a trip to the GP just in case it's something more sinister. They may be able to refer you to a phycologist or someone.

Also, get yourselves STI tested and ask your girlfriend to go on the Pill or another hormonal type of contraception then it doesn't matter that you can't use condoms.

ReputationRep:
    Condoms are erection killers.

ReputationRep:
    Currently, I'm not using condoms as they just kill it.

ReputationRep:
    Condoms kill my erection = I am not attracted to my gf and not enough of a man to keep it up or genius plan to go bare back.

ReputationRep:
    Try masturbating with one on, whilst watching something really arousing maybe...

ReputationRep:
    They kill my erections too. Never been able to have sex with one on so dont bother with em.

ReputationRep:
    Try masturbating with one on? Or getting your girlfriend to give you a hand job?
    You can get ones that are thinner than normal so you can feel more. But if she wants to use them, then dont ***** at her and try and get her to go on the Pill or something (I've had this done and I ended up breaking up with him because he was getting on my nerves)

ReputationRep:
    So many guys tell me that condoms kills erections - but not one sexual partner I've had has ever encountered such a problem. They just rolled it on and got going. It has to be a psychological issue - you dont like wearing condoms, or at least, dont accept that for the moment you have to wear them and so naturally assume they are going to kill your mood and as a result, they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by move_along)
    Try masturbating with one on? Or getting your girlfriend to give you a hand job?
    You can get ones that are thinner than normal so you can feel more. But if she wants to use them, then dont ***** at her and try and get her to go on the Pill or something (I've had this done and I ended up breaking up with him because he was getting on my nerves)
    My ex was like that. I didnt want to go on the pill thus, why is it his problem just because he didnt want to wear a condom? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.