Turn on thread page Beta

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    To your point to +90% of us deal with foreigners and immigrants every day and don't just scream in their faces. I am just picking out the other 10% which is over represented just the same way most foreigners couldn't care less about british pride. I am just looking at it from a differnet angle.:rolleyes:
    That's my point: most foreigners couldn't care less about british pride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    are you retarded?
    Indeed. That's why I can type on this laptop and stringe a sentence together.
    Is that the question I asked ?
    Yes, it was.
    ..I asked the question if you immigrate to another country (saudi arabia) you being a foriegner in that country isnt it natural that you speak someone from your own country in your own langauage rather than a foreign language?
    If I were over there and the other person knew the language too, then yes, yes I would make a sincere attempt to speak the language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Middle east Asians and Far east Asians are very different you know
    I'm referring to Middle East. I quite like those wacky Japanese, although I'm scared of those Chinese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    No, but they originate from the immigration of Asians and therefore I can dislike a race as their cultures can often produce these results.
    Clearly youre ignorant ..

Let me tell you there are many peple who keep hamsters as pets , but there are not many black rats(from sewers) ...can you tell me why this is the case even though theyre from the same family

ReputationRep:
    I'm referring to Middle East. I quite like those wacky Japanese, although I'm scared of those Chinese
    wow, so you're scared of me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0man)
    It's a forum, not A-level coursework....
    And that excuses bad spelling? There's even a spellcheck built into most browsers these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Indeed. That's why I can type on this laptop and stringe a sentence together.
    maybe your like stepehen hawking and someone else is typing this up for you?

(Original post by 35mm_)
    If I were over there and the other person knew the language too, then yes, yes I would make a sincere attempt to speak the language.
    again you're arguing just for argument's sake , If you dont want to answer honestly ..dont answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    wow, so you're scared of me...
    I'm sorry, maybe not you personally but Chinese in general are a scary population with all China's power and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do. I see where these extremists come from and so I think the only way to reduce these, however small a percentage they may be, is to do something about every Muslim or Asian immigrant.

I'm sorry but that seems logical.
    Doesn't seem at all logical to me! Just because a minority of a population act in a particular way, it doesn't mean it applies to everyone from that ethnicity/culture/race/religion.
    For example, just because a few British people are narrow minded, it certainly doesn't mean that I think all Britons are like that :rolleyes:

Are you saying that you don't have ANY friends from abroad? Would you have all of your asian/muslim friends deported?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rezarf)
    You make some very valid points, especially about Brits in the Middle East all of which i have taken on board!
    It's more that the jobs could be going to people who live full time in the UK and could desperately do with the money and would be keeping it would be more use; however i accept it is both naive and stupid to think that because you earn the money in a country it should be spent there, i merely think it would be more advantageous!
    Not that i disagree with u, but its impossible to achieve a perfect level of efficiency and operate in the manner you have suggested

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, maybe not you personally but Chinese in general are a scary population with all China's power and whatnot.
    Actually I think lots of Chinese parents can be very scary but that's off the topic

ReputationRep:
    I feel it shows a lack of respect only speaking a country's language when you absolutely have to, especially when fluent in the language.
    I partially agree, but:

*speaking in my language is usually faster
    *I do not feel like I should show the chav sat next to me on the bus any respect at all
    *people who would listen to my conversation are not respecting my privacy, why should I show them respect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Ever wondered why British people might not consider you to be British?
    I have more important things to worry about than being considered British.

Like being British is something to be proud of. (excluding Londoners )
    =]

P.S check my passport.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly youre ignorant ..

Let me tell you there are many peple who keep hamsters as pets , but there are not many black rats(from sewers) ...can you tell me why this is the case even though theyre from the same family
    I cannot. I do not understand this analogy.

However if these rats were more dangerous than the hamsters and posed a big threat on innocent civilians; blowing up passenger air lines, trains and buses, and they were some how inconspicuous to hamsters then it can be said this minority of terrorist rats is a result of this family and therefore the family is the problem.

ReputationRep:
    and yet youre room is filled and your daily life revolves around with what they have produced in their couuntry..
    ignorant and a hypocrite not a good combination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freefrag)
    I partially agree, but:

*speaking in my language is usually faster
    *I do not feel like I should show the chav sat next to me on the bus any respect at all
    *people who would listen to my conversation are not respecting my privacy, why should I show them respect?
    Ok. I guess that's fair :p:

Sorry if I came across rude or insulted you or anything, by the way :o:

ReputationRep:
    result of this family and therefore the family is the problem.
    Yes exactly and why do you keep these hamster as pets who are from the same family?

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who's N?)
    Doesn't seem at all logical to me! Just because a minority of a population act in a particular way, it doesn't mean it applies to everyone from that ethnicity/culture/race/religion.
    For example, just because a few British people are narrow minded, it certainly doesn't mean that I think all Britons are like that :rolleyes:

Are you saying that you don't have ANY friends from abroad? Would you have all of your asian/muslim friends deported?
    lol I saw that thinly veiled insult :p:

Honestly, the way I see it is these extremists come from a culture that is wide spread and may not be so bad, yet the fact they are coming from that background which is influencing (to whatever extent) their actions allows me to put the blame on that culture. I would be upset but there's nothing stopping me communicating with them or even visiting each other.

ReputationRep:
    and yet youre room is filled and your daily life revolves around with what they have produced in their couuntry..
    ignorant and a hypocrite not a good combination
    Maybe 10-20 years ago but production is much more wide spread now as China is now rich and has improved its economy, so not much is actually made from China nowadays in comparison.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.