Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    Yes exactly and why do you keep these hamster as pets who are from the same family?
    I don't. They usually stink of piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    That's my point: most foreigners couldn't care less about british pride.
    Do you realise you're strongly indicating that you're a racist?

Ahh the nostalgia :rolleyes: you remind of the "100% aussie pride"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazedmonkey09)
    What are you on about?
    (Original post by crazedmonkey09)
    ask anyone, what is British culture, they will struggle to answer, maybe they will say tea but not much more than that. All these cultures have been force upon us leaving an indistinguishable mess, like splatting paint all over the Hay Wain Jackson Pollock style.
    Then people want to get rid of the monarchy, errr isn't that the last tradition we have??
    since your brain cannot process logic let me do it for you..

Britian has during the 1940's conquered many parts of the world and tried to force upon them their culture , religion etc..hence the link showing one of those cases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Your economic knowledge is shaky at best. Our economy is wasting money- ie not adding value- to anything by handing out benefits. It takes money out of the system to be squandered on things we shouldnt need.

In a capitalist economy the money is used in the most efficient manner possible, taxation reduced the money in circulation and diverts it down a less efficient route. Some services are essential, ie street lights, NHS, roads etc, for which we get a social benefit available to everybody. Giving money to anyone benefits that one person rather than society as a whole. No matter what they chose to spend it on, and however that money gets round the economy after that, the benefits disproportionately accrue to an individual rather than the population.

As for the second point, its laughable. You seem to have well an truely fallen into the "jobs for the boys" mentality of the Labour government.

I have nothing against translators, but they are not adding anything to the economy again, there is no added value at all. If the person spoke English then the end result would be the same, but we wouldnt have to employ an extra person at £20 an hour or whatever they will charge. The same translator could be working on corporate documents, or in a privately owned company adding value to the economy as a whole.

Taking your example slightly to the extreme to show how wasting money =/= creating value, if I took the countries tax returns and spend it all on repairing roads, despite the fact many are in good condition, the amount of money in the system would still be the same, it would create jobs and encourage investment in machinery, yet it would still be a waste of money and our economy would be much much worse off than if I distributed the same money equally amongst many different groups of services.

Net economic migration into the country over the last 10, 20 years has been a COST to the country, both socially and economically, hence the backlash as people begin to see the downsides.
    There is a major flaw in your agument. And that is, that there is not a fixed amount of money to be spent by the state.

You seem to think that taxpayers gives 100, how do we spend these 100 ? Then of course if you send it all in roads and then you don't have money to pay the NHS something will go wrong.

But the reality is much more complicated than what is described in your A-level book (if you go to uni, please feel free to correct me).

1) immigrants not only suck up money for services, but they work for them as well. Actually the vast majority of the immigrants are labour force (usually you don't move to a new country when you're 70).
    They need a doctor, but they also work (e.g. driving the bus the English doctor uses), and eventually pay taxes (Doctor's salary). You just need one more doctor in your system but they themselves provide the state with the resources to add it.

2) even assuming immigrants were parasites depending on welfare, they are still not necessarily an economic loss.
    As long as there are enough workers available, nothing stops the government from taking these (unemployed) workers and having them doing jobs, activating the economy. You could even have them digging holes in the ground and them filling them up. Or, you could have them clean the immigrants butt. This generates jobs, and the salary of the butt-cleaner will activate a whole economic system. Of course other services should not be neglected, but I don't think this is the case now in Britain.

Your problem is that you assume that the government will have to get the money for the above workers from the taxes (of other people) - raising the general taxation and therefore lowering consumption, slowing down the multiplier.

In reality the State is not able to cope with the public expenses as it is. It has to borrow money from the banks in a substantial amount.

So everytime the state has to pay for something, it just borrows the money and do it. In fact, there is literally no limit to the amount the state can borrow, and therefore no limit to the public expenses a country is able to do.

Of course to understand this argument you should first learn how money are injected into the economy, and how the "public debt" is a scam.
    If you're interested, you can start from here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Well, I do. I see where these extremists come from and so I think the only way to reduce these, however small a percentage they may be, is to do something about every Muslim or Asian immigrant.

I'm sorry but that seems logical.

What about the Hindus and the Sikhs. They are for the most part asian but have no links in any way to Islam or Islam fanaticism. Are you gonna hate on them too?

Your racism isnt logical. Its pretty dumb actually. Stereotyping a race of people by the behaviour of a few, with absolutely no differentiation of country, but generalising quite a few different countries together in the meantime.

It's like saying I hate white people (which I dont for the record). ******* nazis/kkk-ers, the lot of em. Germany, England....they're same thing, and I hate the lot of em.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. They usually stink of piss.
    you dont ..but majority of the population do..

All in all your argument is reasoned by poor /false logic ..and your hating of Asian people assuming theyre muslims is even more poorly illogical..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    What about the Hindus and the Sikhs. They are for the most part asian but have no links in any way to Islam or Islam fanaticism. Are you gonna hate on them too?

Your racism isnt logical. Its pretty dumb actually. Stereotyping a race of people by the behaviour of a few, with absolutely no differentiation of country, but generalising quite a few different countries together in the meantime.

It's like saying I hate white people (which I dont for the record). ******* nazis/kkk-ers, the lot of em. Germany, England....they're same thing, and I hate the lot of em.
    This is exactly what I was trying to put across, except I'm not as articulate.
    Anywhos, I'm led to think Broderss is just a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonbeatific)
    Just because some one is not white doesn't make them an immigrant.
    Love your signature!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillV3)
    And that excuses bad spelling? There's even a spellcheck built into most browsers these days.
    Yeah but no-one (with a life) cares...

ReputationRep:
    When my family came to the country immigration was desperately needed. It is over the top now, but what can you do? Blame the government for not controlling it.

There are some real ignorant views on Islam. Face it, the religion continues to grow and grow, and nothing is going to stop that. There are a minority that are tarnishing the face of the religion. People seem to forget how nearly every religion in the world and different races all have contributed to the world we live in today.

Contributions by Muslims can be seen here http://english.islammessage.com/Cate...ils.aspx?id=30. The basics for Chemistry as it is today, Alegbra and much more is owed to the religion. England was going through the Dark Ages then, but as they got out of it they built on these ideas from the Muslim World that had been thriving in comparison to the Dark Ages. When America was being created, one of the founders used the Holy Qur'an to structure the country, as Obama quoted when he was talking to the Muslim world. At the moment Islam is going through a sort of Dark Age.

Legal Immigration brings about brains and money. America has thrived off immigration, Google, Amazon are all from 2/3rd generation immigrants. Immigration is the way that America may hold the top spot of superpower for longer, instead of losing their place to China, over the next few decades.

Anyway, imo immigrants should be allowed, but controlled.
    People against Islam, there is a minority that are bad. If you don't want to accept the good, then tuff luck learn to deal with them sooner or later. They aren't going anywhere and will continue to multiply in this world :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)

So you don't hate the Nazis?!? You make me sick.

Islamic extremists or even most Muslims are the modern day equivalent of the Nazis so if you are supporting the cause, you're one screwed up individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    Not that i disagree with u, but its impossible to achieve a perfect level of efficiency and operate in the manner you have suggested
    Agreed
    And lets face it too many 'Brits' who wouldnt want the job and are more than happy to sit on their ass and claim benefits; and if they do get a spark of energy to do something, it often involves having another child so they can claim a larger house, which is their right of course!.........:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rezarf)
    Agreed
    And lets face it too many 'Brits' who wouldnt want the job and are more than happy to sit on their ass and claim benefits; and if they do get a spark of energy to do something, it often involves having another child so they can claim a larger house, which is their right of course!.........:hmmmm:
    There was a report on this when i was in Australia. They showed this woman who kept having kids by screwing random men, just to be able to claim the baby benefits, even tho she dumped the babies at her parents' house and never looked after them... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Finally someone here who speaks sense.

It pains me to understand all white true British people are so kind to these immigrants who are destroying this country. You should all know by the way these immigrants clearly do not give a **** about you or this country, as demonstrated by the tens of thousands of Islamic extremists saying they'll kill all those who do not follow Islam (and yes they will be prejudiced toward white people).

Those white British who support mass immigration are the ignorant ones. You waive off anything opposing this due to fear and instantly call it racism.

Alas, what can I do? I am stuck in this country for the foreseeable future, watching it crash and burn, losing my heritage.

Thank you very much, guys. I am proud of you :sigh:
    Please explain to me, how I as an immigrant, am 'destroying' the UK.

Most Islamist extremists in the UK aren't immigrants.

Most immigrants aren't Islamic.

What the **** are you harping on about? Is it that time of the month?

ReputationRep:

Islamic extremists or even most Muslims are the modern day equivalent of the Nazis so if you are supporting the cause, you're one screwed up individual.
    My insult was not supposed to be veiled at all :P
    But can you not see our side of the argument?
    Just because a few people of a large group of muslims are extremists, doesn't make all of them bad. Similarly, just because a few Germans were nazis, doesn't make them all extremist *******s.

Also, not all asians are muslims, and the religion of islam differs greatly to ones like Hinduism, sikhism and buddhism which are more predominant in asians and which advocate peace.

ReputationRep:
    to broderss..
    Enjoy your life , look life through another angle , and were all humans after all take pride in what you have done and not someone else ,not your ancestors, not your culture have done..
    Albert Einstein once stated that "Nationalism is an infantile disease... It is the measles of mankind."

ReputationRep:

You div.
    Read my post properly. I said you hating asian people for being Muslim fanatics would be like me calling all white people nazis.

*All white people. Sick, racist, kkkers From the French to the English to the German to Swedes. You're all the same*

Also, don't be an idiot. Why would I of all people support the nazis. Me and my whole family would have been killed under that regime.

*I dont actually think this about white folks, but this is your logic when "hating" on asians when they could be in fact moderate muslims, hindus sikhs or maybe they're atheists. You cant judge someones character by their race.

Why cant you judge on individual basis like sensible people do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    since your brain cannot process logic let me do it for you..

Britian has during the 1940's conquered many parts of the world and tried to force upon them their culture , religion etc..hence the link showing one of those cases
    Firstly you cannot process logic, logic is a way of processing information and secondly that is history not logic. Thirdly, you got the history wrong, Britain lost most of its empire during the 20th century, most of the empire existed in the 1800's.
    Finally, contrary to popular belief I was not alive in the 1940's so how is it my medicine?

I conclude that you sir, are an idiot

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd be nice to walk down to the shop hearing people around me talking in English and actually being able to understand employees in a shop or in fact any interaction with other people. It's kind of what I expect in my own country, y'know?

British culture is all about Christmas, tea, bangers n mash, Sunday roast etc. All this is British culture, but now it is nothing like this here and is getting increasingly worse I can't even begin to describe it all.

I'll say this again; I am ashamed and lost.
    What about morris dancing? Forgot that?

Is someone preventing you from eating bangers/mash, celebrating Xmas? (which is part of a Middle Eastern ideology, lol!).

The answer is no. If you can't be bothered to practise your so-called 'culture', ddon't blame the immigrants!

By the way, regarding all that bull**** about 'Christmas being banned' (haha), those types should pay a visit to Regents Street, London from October to December. They may be in for s surprise given all the Xmas decorations!

Oh, and don't get me started on 'English' people who can't even speak in their own f*****g language correctly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who's N?)
    My insult was not supposed to be veiled at all :P
    But can you not see our side of the argument?
    Just because a few people of a large group of muslims are extremists, doesn't make all of them bad. Similarly, just because a few Germans were nazis, doesn't make them all extremist *******s.

Also, not all asians are muslims, and the religion of islam differs greatly to ones like Hinduism, sikhism and buddhism which are more predominant in asians and which advocate peace.
    Ok, take it from just Islam. Now we know all Islam extremists come from Islam. Now it can be said Islam encourages Islam extremists (to an extent) and therefore this base of Islam is the cause for Islam4UK, 9/11 and 7/7, to note but a few cases.

That is all I'm saying; there is a type of people you can pick out that has the most influence toward this behaviour.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.