Turn on thread page Beta

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Also, not all asians are muslims, and the religion of islam differs greatly to ones like Hinduism, sikhism and buddhism which are more predominant in asians and which advocate peace.
    Hmm mate, Islam advocates peace, Jihad is only allowed when there is a threat to the Islamic religion and there are certain rules such as you have to be defending yourself and no women or children can be killed. So effectively suicide bombers use this excuse for what they do, even though it does not follow Islam.

Why?
    1. Innocent people are being killed by the terrorists. AGAINST Islam.
    2. Suicide is AGAINST Islam. Jihad means you fight to defend, not allowed to kill yourself to kill others.

Many more, but you get the idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Please explain to me, how I as an immigrant, am 'destroying' the UK.

Most Islamist extremists in the UK aren't immigrants.

Most immigrants aren't Islamic.

What the **** are you harping on about? Is it that time of the month?
    Say I had a piece of string. Say this string represents logical reasoning. Say I took the string, cut it up and collected the smaller strings in a pile. That is representative of my reasoning, resulting in me jumping into accusing all Islamic extremists in the UK to be immigrants and referring to only those immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    To people who's attacking brodress:
    there is no point in calling him names or swearing attacking him show him his idea of thinking is not correct , he will either make an effort to change it or not..attacking him will only ignite passion to hold up his arguments/theory and wont change his kind of thinking

ReputationRep:
    Ok, take it from just Islam. Now we know all Islam extremists come from Islam. Now it can be said Islam encourages Islam extremists (to an extent) and therefore this base of Islam is the cause for Islam4UK, 9/11 and 7/7, to note but a few cases.
    Read my post http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=243. Islam does not encourage the extremists, they make excuses, if you wanna fall for them, your problem.

btw... The Americans were training Bin Lardin and giving him money back in the day ouch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Say I had a piece of string. Say this string represents logical reasoning. Say I took the string, cut it up and collected the smaller strings in a pile. That is representative of my reasoning, resulting in me jumping into accusing all Islamic extremists in the UK to be immigrants and referring to only those immigrants.
    Most immigrants aren't Islamic. Most Islamic extremists in the UK aren't immigrants. Most Muslims do not participate in extremist activities. Is this too much for you?

I'm an atheist and yet I live in an area of London with loads of Muslims. For some strange reason nothing has happened to me as yet. I even use the tube every day! Pray tell me, why should I fear them!

ReputationRep:
    If they choose to come to this country they must speak this language at all times, barring, of course, tourism.
    Have you heard of freedom of speech? People can speak whatever language they like outside the workplace. Obviously English is the OFFICIAL language in the UK, but if I want to speak French in public to my French friend then that is perfectly fine.

What do you advocate next, banning certain accents? (there's a lot of difference between Geordie and Cockney - especially the slang).

Incidentally, what are your opinions of English people who immigrate to non-English speaking countries (e.g. Spain, the UAE, Thailand, Turkey) and yet have the audacity to converse in...shock horror, English (not just amongst themselves, but sometimes even with the locals!)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazedmonkey09)
    Firstly you cannot process logic, logic is a way of processing information and secondly that is history not logic. T
    well clearly you could not see the simple link between the link and my quote..the logic was in deducing that after what the british has doen to the common wealth countries it is only fair they tasted their own medicine.
    Britain lost most of its empire during the 20th century, most of the empire existed in the 1800's.
    have a look at when india got its freedom from British
    Finally, contrary to popular belief I was not alive in the 1940's so how is it my medicine?
    Maybe the fact that youre british?
    I conclude that you sir, are an idiot
    I shall leave it to others to decide who is the real idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Pray tell me, why should I fear them!

ReputationRep:
    I hate opinions like OP's. Not that his or her concern is wrong, i too frown on the immigration system at present. I work in an inner city london newsagents during the week, and while it is mostly white working class people there are also a lot of first gen immigrants who dont really speak english, are rather rude and choose to act the same way as they did back in their motherlands, in terms of shouting, attitude etc. Obv these people dont care about british culture, and trust me, everyone hates that..

Unfortunately, due to islamic extremism, even the decent immigrants are being targeted. A few days ago a nice old man was bieng bullied and threatened by EDL members because he was wearing a skullcap and a beard. He was sitting on his own, reading a book. And he could speak very good english, in fact he was a lot more eloquent than most people, yet he and hundreds of well mannered immigrants across the country and even british born muslims are getting **** all because of the media portraying all muslims as barbarians.

I dont agree that english culture is dying, because quite frankly I dont know what english culture is , despite being raised here for 19 years. What I tend to see are british people watching football a lot, going down the pub, and eating sunday roasts. Which can still be done, with all the freedom in the world. ... if someone could actually explain what british culture is, that would definitely help.

I love Britain. It is my home, It gave me great friends, a fantastic education and the freedom to do things I wouldnt have been able to do had my parents stayed in Uganda in 1970. When my dad and mum immigrated, they made sure they knew how to speak english before they even went out, and now they are extremely articulate, moreso than the british workng class man who shouts out that 'yoo pakis learn english'. They are examples of how immigration does work, how cultures can mix, and its amazing how they can get on with english people while maintaining their islamic and cultural roots. Its a shame that they and families like them will probably be caught up in attacks by such anti heroes 'reclaiming their culture' because of some stupid views printed in the daily mail.

ReputationRep:
    Asian girls are sexy. Moar please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    Great response. Your not getting it though. It's nothing to do with racism. A month ago I couldn't care less either, but it's gone too far now. Immigrants are fine. Overcrowding, loss of culture etc is not.
    What 'loss of culture'?

Nobody forces anyone in the UK to practise certain customs. I can celebrate Xmas, wear a full-face veil, down a pint and cross-dress at the same time if I want to.

What 'culture' are you being prevented from being a practitioner of?

ReputationRep:

And is that the work of all 1.4 billion of them? Or just a tiny minority?

Should I fear all middle-aged white males because they could be child molesters?

Or not? Do let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    There was a report on this when i was in Australia. They showed this woman who kept having kids by screwing random men, just to be able to claim the baby benefits, even tho she dumped the babies at her parents' house and never looked after them... :eek:
    I can understand some people who genuinely need a house but most just take the piss
    Someone at my work was telling me there next door neighbors have just done exactly that, yet in the meantime they're committing petty crime etc.
    Why should society benefit those who have no regards for it?

ReputationRep:

with your reasoning I shall show you why to hate all white people..
    http://oybay.files.wordpress.com/200...nocide_440.jpg
    The link is a pic of NAZI genocide act..Does that mean we should hate all white people for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    yes, they do, in their own damn country.
    What shall we do about English people communicating in English to other English people whilst in Vietnam?

Shall we prosecute the entire Top Gear team for this gross travesty?

Let us know!

ReputationRep:
    I agree there is a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do. I see where these extremists come from and so I think the only way to reduce these, however small a percentage they may be, is to do something about every Muslim or Asian immigrant.

I'm sorry but that seems logical.
    Would it be logical to imprison all men because a small minority are rapists?

You really do appear quite deluded.

We have a principle in the UK called 'innocent until proven guilty'. UK Law also does not advocate 'guilt by association'.

Remember that.

ReputationRep:
    Yet, Islam has the possibility to produce extremists because they do it for their beliefs, whereas rapists for it for the lulz most likely.
    Broderss, grow up mate, your gonna continue to live around immigrants and Muslim all your life, so deal with it. Rant all you want.

You didn't reply to my posts before, when I was trying to talk some logic into the racism and islamophobia, found it hard to reply to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prikstera)
    Grow up mate, your gonna continue to live around immigrants and Muslim all your life, so deal with it. Rant all you want.

You didn't reply to my posts before, when I was trying to talk some logic into the racism and islamophobia, found it hard to reply to them?
    :rofl:
    I think you have quoted the wrong person

ReputationRep:
    b
    Im still waiting for your reply...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.