Turn on thread page Beta

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    with your reasoning I shall show you why to hate all white people..
    http://oybay.files.wordpress.com/200...nocide_440.jpg
    The link is a pic of NAZI genocide act..Does that mean we should hate all white people for that?
    My culture or any other culture does not influence or incubate this behaviour. Whereas Islam can and does produce some extremists who cause harm to millions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Pray tell me, why should I fear them!
    Because they use the tube so much the operator is increasing the costs by 10 pence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Would it be logical to imprison all men because a small minority are rapists?

You really do appear quite deluded.

We have a principle in the UK called 'innocent until proven guilty'. UK Law also does not advocate 'guilt by association'.

Remember that.
    Rapists are not created through our culture, it is a personal preference. Yet, Islam has the possibility to produce extremists because they do it for their beliefs, whereas rapists for it for the lulz most likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    I'm reading some of these responses and realising that either a) most original post hasn't be read properly, or b) due to sheer laziness I haven't made myself completely clear, nor pointed out the numerous benefits of immigration - the reason I support it to an extent.

I am not saying all immigrants are Muslim, I am not saying immigrants are bad and most importantly I'm not saying immigrants should be made to leave. What I am saying, is that I believe that immigration has now gone too far, and that immigration should be controlled far more efficiently.
    I think some of these people have just made assumptions. I understood this as a summary of your post the first time I read it. All criticism aside of your some of your political correctness and statistics, the message is valid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    My culture or any other culture does not influence or incubate this behaviour. Whereas Islam can and does produce some extremists who cause harm to millions.
    What is your 'culture'? Surely culture is the sum total of an individual's behaviours, which is susceptible to much modification over time? Surely Islam may be interpreted in many ways?

Is your issue with

a) Sunni Muslims
    b) Shi'a Muslims
    c) Wahhabis
    d) Deobandis
    e) Sufi Mystics
    f) Other - please specify?

Surely cultures are not mutually exclusive?

ReputationRep:
    What is your 'culture'? Surely culture is the sum total of an individual's behaviours, which is susceptible to much modification over time? Surely Islam may be interpreted in many ways?

Is your issue with

a) Sunni Muslims
    b) Shi'a Muslims
    c) Wahhabis
    d) Deobandis
    e) Sufi Mystics
    f) Other - please specify?

Surely cultures are not mutually exclusive?
    I'm sure most of those are made up :hmmm: But I think I hate Shi'a the most. Just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    Rapists are not created through our culture, it is a personal preference. Yet, Islam has the possibility to produce extremists because they do it for their beliefs, whereas rapists for it for the lulz most likely.
    Christianity as a doctrine has the possibility to produce extremists. So does Hinduism. So does Judaism. So does Buddhism.

Men (as a gender) have the potential to rape. Obviously as a society we don't seem to be able to identify who will or won't, because if we did, there would be methods of preventing rapists from committing their crime.

Anyway, what is 'Islamic culture'. I thought it was a religion. How would you even be able to tell who was or wasn't a Muslim? There's nothing stopping me from donning a burkha yet I'm an atheist.

Likewise, many would argue that terrorist are not created through Islamic 'culture'. It is their personal preference.
    See what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure most of those are made up :hmmm: But I think I hate Shi'a the most. Just a guess.
    Why would they be made up?

ReputationRep:
    No No .

I havent told anything about any culture's
    Say I had a piece of string. Say this string represents logical reasoning. Say I took the string, cut it up and collected the smaller strings in a pile. That is representative of my reasoning, resulting in me jumping into accusing all Islamic extremists in the UK to be immigrants and referring to only those immigrants.
    Im only asking you to apply the reasoning you mentioned above..there were a few british people who fought for the nazi's ..Then by your reasoning all of the british were responsible for the life's of millions of jew's

ReputationRep:
    Not long now TC, not long now.

ReputationRep:
    Christianity as a doctrine has the possibility to produce extremists. So does Hinduism. So does Judaism. So does Buddhism.
    How extremists work:

Christians - Blow you up
    Muslims - Suicide bombing
    Buddhists - Set themselves on fire...

In terms of staff turnover the Christians are quite efficient. However, the Muslims do have a lot of personnel in which to utilise.

ReputationRep:
    Men (as a gender) have the potential to rape. Obviously as a society we don't seem to be able to identify who will or won't, because if we did, there would be methods of preventing rapists from committing their crime.
    State the obvious, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    My problem is not with immigration, or even immigrants. It is the people who move here, from a different country, with different beliefs, languages and customs and impose those beliefs, langauges and customs onto Britain. Britain isn't British anymore and this is NOT a good thing.

When the social cost is as high as it is do we really care about the economic cost?

I live in London, very near to an area where I, as a white Brit, am a minority. The closest thing I have to a friendly local store is a shop where I can't read any of the labels, I can't even tell you it's name because it is written in an alphabet that I do not understand. The people in the shop speak in their own language, I can't even ask them for help getting something from the top shelf because they simply do not speak English.

People should, by all means, be allowed to move to the UK and contribute to our economy and to our social structure but when they don't make an effort to even learn our language, when they say our queen is useless, when they say our government doesn't help them...it makes me angry and more than that, it makes me sad.

/rant>
    I agree with you totally. It is a very sad situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    No No .

I havent told anything about any culture's

Im only asking you to apply the reasoning you mentioned above..there were a few british people who fought for the nazi's ..Then by your reasoning all of the british were responsible for the life's of millions of jew's
    *lives

ReputationRep:
    So 45% of newborns are of the 'Muslim' race?

a) Proof? What the **** is the 'Muslim' race?

b) In a country where only 2.7% of people classify themselves as 'Muslim', they're hardly taking over.

c) There has been a substantial Islamic presence in the UK since the 1970s. Most Muslims resident in the UK aren't immigrants.

d) We have word for people who get their knickers in a twist over a few non-whites: (pink) pussies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    How extremists work:

Christians - Blow you up
    Muslims - Suicide bombing
    Buddhists - Set themselves on fire...

In terms of staff turnover the Christians are quite efficient. However, the Muslims do have a lot of personnel in which to utilise.
    What about the Hiindus?

ReputationRep:
    *lives
    So you do accept your reasoning is invalid ?I apologise for my poor grammatical errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonbeatific)
    Just because some one is not white doesn't make them an immigrant.
    What so the different colour skin pigments arose by chance mutation? The Bretons and Saxons from which most British have descended from were white, therefore for there to be non-white British there has to have been immigration from these countries.

Then again the Saxons and Bretons immigrated here also, so does a few centuries head start in the earth's 4.6 billion years of existence count for much?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if people on the street look different, they don't matter. As long as you can make a group of friends, other people make little difference.

I would start to get bothered if views of religious people started influencing laws. Perhaps Muslims would vote for a party who had a policy that banned alcohol, and if there were enough Muslims that would happen, so I don't want that. Having said that, I'm strongly opposed to the current governments drug policy anyway.

People should just be educated in philosophy and learn how to think rationally and we would all get along much better. The one thing I would change about this country is to put Philosophy in a GCSE curriculum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0man)
    Yeah but no-one (with a life) cares...
    Wow have you really run out of ideas that quickly so in a last bid attempt to regain some face you've tried an insult, I say tried as it really doesn't work, and in the process lost yet more face? Never mind I wish you luck for your next 'argument'.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.