Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    Do you realise you're strongly indicating that you're a racist?

Ahh the nostalgia :rolleyes: you remind of the "100% aussie pride"
    Then I apologise, I obviously didn't word it right/came across wrong. The kind of people the OP was indicating s/he was bothered by were the ones who didn't integrate, and were obviously foreign (I don't just mean colouring) - or that's how I interpreted it. These people, I meant, don't seem to mind about fitting into the 'British' immigrant mould. I didn't mean to be offensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    So you don't hate the Nazis?!? You make me sick.

Islamic extremists or even most Muslims are the modern day equivalent of the Nazis so if you are supporting the cause, you're one screwed up individual.

ReputationRep:
    To brodress:
    "Silence means Consent"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    I doubt you even have an Aunt
    hehe, i agree, people often quote "relatives" so they can hide their prejudices behind them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithiris)
    What so the different colour skin pigments arose by chance mutation? The Bretons and Saxons from which most British have descended from were white, therefore for there to be non-white British there has to have been immigration from these countries.

Then again the Saxons and Bretons immigrated here also, so does a few centuries head start in the earth's 4.6 billion years of existence count for much?
    They were actually probably 'black' at the time. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6814896.ece

The mutation occurred in their descendents. Are you on about ratio of eumelaninhaeomelanin here?

You do know there's a continuum in skin complexion. It doesn't exhibit discrete/discontinuous variation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    So you do accept your reasoning is invalid ?I apologise for my poor grammatical errors.
    :yawn: I don't get it so I'll leave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    Then I apologise, I obviously didn't word it right/came across wrong. The kind of people the OP was indicating s/he was bothered by were the ones who didn't integrate, and were obviously foreign (I don't just mean colouring) - or that's how I interpreted it. These people, I meant, don't seem to mind about fitting into the 'British' immigrant mould. I didn't mean to be offensive!
    its ok none taken.
    just thought i should i point it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    :yawn: I don't get it so I'll leave it.
    I shall leave you with one last quote
    Thomas Paine:
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right."

Good night sir :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Lol... Im sure u were born of ur Mum's anus. ******** u wasted my time with ur rather **** essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConstantHigh)
    Lol... Im sure u were born of ur Mum's anus. ******** u wasted my time with ur rather **** essay.
    How articulate of you. You wasted my time reading that reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prikstera)
    Hmm mate, Islam advocates peace, Jihad is only allowed when there is a threat to the Islamic religion and there are certain rules such as you have to be defending yourself and no women or children can be killed.
    So let me understand this thing.

If we, in our Europe, decided to outlaw every religion closing down every mosque, church, synagougue, etc. because we want the secularism and all that.

The muslim minority would feel entitled to fight against the people of the country who host them?

So you're saying that, we're in a democracy but we couldn't take the decision to ban religion? because the muslim minority would start to kill us?

See why people have problem with muslims?
    Because you don't accept the rules of the country that you go to live in. And this is not about the Christmas trees, it's about democracy and freedom of speech.
    And stop with the rubbish that "only few people are actually terrorists". The point is not terrorism, so far. It's our freedom. Our freedom to implement our values in our own countries.

If for you

islam > freedom of speech & democracy

could you please leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    They were actually probably 'black' at the time. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6814896.ece

The mutation occurred in their descendents. Are you on about ratio of eumelaninhaeomelanin here?

You do know there's a continuum in skin complexion. It doesn't exhibit discrete/discontinuous variation.

Well that article states whites emerged 5,500 years ago, which is well before the Saxons, or even the Bretons settled in Britain.

Yes I realise complexion is not discrete, however it is controlled by the ratio at which pigments are expressed...which is dictated by a persons genes. As the gene pool in a population is shared throughout a particular population the ratios should be similar. Its unlikely a single population would express a continuum, given a few millennia I doubt there will be different races in Britain as the gene pool will level out and adjust to the influx of new phenotypes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithiris)
    Well that article states whites emerged 5,500 years ago, which is well before the Saxons, or even the Bretons settled in Britain.

Yes I realise complexion is not discrete, however it is controlled by the ratio at which pigments are expressed...which is dictated by a persons genes. As the gene pool in a population is shared throughout a particular population the ratios should be similar. Its unlikely a single population would express a continuum, given a few millennia I doubt there will be different races in Britain as the gene pool will level out and adjust to the influx of new phenotypes.
    The Saxons and Bretons were relatively recent in the grand scheme of things.

The first homo sapiens groups who set food in what constitutes modern-day Britain were probably of the 'black' variety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    with your reasoning I shall show you why to hate all white people..
    http://oybay.files.wordpress.com/200...nocide_440.jpg
    The link is a pic of NAZI genocide act..Does that mean we should hate all white people for that?

No, that is a picture of the armenian genocide.
    That was not committed by white people, but it was done by..... muslims.

NOBODY EVER FAILED AS HARD AS YOU JUST DID !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    There's too many coloured people in the country, both immigrant and non-immigrant. Britian, if it is to sustain any sort of collective culture and identity, must remain above 90% white - in much the same way that Japan must remain +90% Japanese, Nigeria +90% black and so on. This slow descent into global homogenisation is a very depressing thing.
    you shouldn't have done all that aggressive colonization then, the sins of the father are visited upon the children, if yoy hadn't done it to them they wouldn't have done it to you.tut , tut.Even if you were to close your boarders that dosen't mean that the immigrants who actually now have citizenship will stop breeding, thus increasing the number of non-whites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    When I see a woman in Burka - how is that supposed to be a positive experience? Because she has different values they're automatically equal values?.......... At the end of the day - its oppression against women (just one example). I don't care how that is dressed up under multi-culturalism - it's disgusting and saying it's "not bad" is just ignorance.
    BTW you should know that Muslim women who wear the Hijab or the Burka, do so out of their own wish. Many say that wearing it gives them more freedom. e.g. they don't have to conform to some men's ideal image of women, beautiful hair, make up, short skirts, low cut tops, so on. And that they can focus on their inner-self rather than their outer appearance.. Just saying..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    The Saxons and Bretons were relatively recent in the grand scheme of things.

The first homo sapiens groups who set food in what constitutes modern-day Britain were probably of the 'black' variety.

Well that may be so, however these first settlers are unlikely to be the descendants of the modern day British, due to ice ages there have been many different settlers over the millennia who have come and gone following prey. And in my original post I stated that Saxons and Bretons are trivial and recent given the age of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    most Asians hang with their own people too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    No, that is a picture of the armenian genocide.
    That was not committed by white people, but it was done by..... muslims.

NOBODY EVER FAILED AS HARD AS YOU JUST DID !
    Bravo *claps*
    You fail to understand I was only trying to depict his way of thinking through a particular image.
    to fulfil your appetite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)

After said conversation, I decided to pay more attention to what is going on around us, and that's when it hit me. Half this damn country isn't white anymore. I was in a train station last night with over 30 people in queues for tickets. I was the only white person. In town earlier this morning, the same story. I literally felt like a minority in what is supposed to be a Christian country.
    would you prefer if immigrants were white so that you would not be able to tell if they are immigrants or not?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.