Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplexity)
    Bravo *claps*
    You fail to understand I was only trying to depict his way of thinking through a particular image.
    to fulfil your appetite

Yes I understand, but please explain me how can you NOT FIND A PICTURE OF THE HOLOCAUST ON TEH INTERNET !!!

I'm sorry but I have to put it in my sig for a while.

ReputationRep:
    over 300 replies!!! :eek:

are people still arguing???????????

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    2 miles my dear I think I said. Please learn to read while your in this country of ours.

If they want to come here they should speak our native tongue. Tourists, fine, immigrants, not fine. And when they shout across the road at each other then its hard not to hear what they are saying.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the definition of irony.
    OP needs to grow up and learn the difference b/w ethnicity and immigrant. Caucasian=/=Native, Brown=/=Immigrant. Easy basic facts to remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    Yes I understand, but please explain me how can you NOT FIND A PICTURE OF THE HOLOCAUST ON TEH INTERNET !!!

Im famous :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)

Shut up, stop having childish arguments over the bodies of dead humans...take a step back and you might realise how disgusting it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    most Asians hang with their own people too!
    Not in multinational investment banks in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisq)
    Perfectly said
    wow - thanks

i'm never sure how to argue my opinion on immigration!
    i know i have one, just never sure how to express it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Shut up, stop having childish arguments over the bodies of dead humans...take a step back and you might realise how disgusting it is.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    we do give too much to immigrants via free health care which no doubt they just come to this country for then go back to their own country till they need good health care,

homes, we also give priority over british nationals to immigrants, they get money as well and for what benefit for this country none take up our land which will have little of and is already going into green belt areas, they also taking homes away from british nationals

we don't owe them anything and we shouldn't give them what they get

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

why does anyone even care..........people are always shouting "if they don't like it here they should go home", well if you don't like what britain is becoming then YOU GTFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    we do give too much to immigrants via free health care which no doubt they just come to this country for then go back to their own country till they need good health care,

homes, we also give priority over british nationals to immigrants, they get money as well and for what benefit for this country none take up our land which will have little of and is already going into green belt areas, they also taking homes away from british nationals

we don't owe them anything and we shouldn't give them what they get

this is the biggest misconception ever:

its bureaucracy, not positive discimination which is responsible for that - i.e. families with more children are deemed to be more in need of housing, and immigrant families tend to be slightly larger, therefore since they meet the criteria of having more children, they get the house

its got nothing to do with where they came from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    this is the biggest misconception ever:

its bureaucracy, not positive discimination which is responsible for that - i.e. families with more children are deemed to be more in need of housing, and immigrant families tend to be slightly larger, therefore since they meet the criteria of having more children, they get the house

its got nothing to do with where they came from
    where did you read that?

ReputationRep:
    where did you read that?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...mmigration-bnp

"1.8% of social tenants are immigrants who had moved to the UK in the past five years. Some 87.8% were UK-born. Foreigners who had been living in Britain for more than five years made up 10% of social housing."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juanmodesto)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...mmigration-bnp

"1.8% of social tenants are immigrants who had moved to the UK in the past five years. Some 87.8% were UK-born. Foreigners who had been living in Britain for more than five years made up 10% of social housing."
    if you actually think any of the polls or data that is collected and published is true then your blind to what is actually happening,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the definition of irony.
    Dyslexia is not ironic.......? Anyway, a simple spelling error does not invalidate my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    I have always been fairly left-wing, supporting immigration, going on about how ethnic minorities should not be discriminated against, immigration wasn't too big of a problem etc. Often I waved off conversations about the extent of immigration, the loss of the nation's identity and grim predictions such as Britain becoming a Muslim country in the next 100 years, and the like, seeing them as over the top comments made out of ignorance.

Over the past few weeks however, I've really started noticing how serious the situation is. My aunt works as a GP in a 'walk in' centre in Buckinghamshire, and she has always voted labour and defended immigration. I was alarmed when she sat at a dinner table over Christmas and for about half an hour spoke about how:

Hours and hours of time and money are wasted on the NHS due to first generation immigrants from all places visiting 3 or 4 times per month for absolutely absurd things such as a cough, arguing with health professionals about the best treatment, demanding antibiotics despite being told they won't help. Then coming out with absurd comments about how 'Britain owes it to (insert country) for what you 150 years ago' Furthering the point, apparently figures from last month at this practise (situated in a town in which 80% of the population is supposedly white) 80% of patients were not from this country.

After said conversation, I decided to pay more attention to what is going on around us, and that's when it hit me. Half this damn country isn't white anymore. I was in a train station last night with over 30 people in queues for tickets. I was the only white person. In town earlier this morning, the same story. I literally felt like a minority in what is supposed to be a Christian country.

I doubt anyone watched it, but Muslim driving school illustrated a point to me which really got me thinking. A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home. 2 of them were attending very competitive schools in this country, ie, taking away places for some children who would have stayed here after their education. The economic consequences of immigration are going to get very serious if this keeps going.

It's all well and good for us middleclass kids to sit around claiming that there isn't a problem with immigration. But there sure as hell is. I have no problem with immigrants. But I think the gates need closing now and there needs to an appeal to a lot of these people (first generation who have been here for under 5 years) to go home. Things are getting way out of hand.

*edit*
    This isn't intended on being a well balanced, factually based essay. There are plenty of those on TSR already. It's a rant written in a few minutes about my sudden realisation that immigration needs to be dealt with.

Furthermore, it is not my intention to insult immigrants or say that there are no positives to come out of immigration. Again, I am saying it has gone too far.

As for the figures. Apart from the 80% claim, made by my aunt - who as a partner in the GP centre has access to the figures of her medical centre - the others I would take with a pinch of salt as I have no idea where she got them from.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=273

They are the actual figures for the breakdown of ethnicity in the UK. Evidently - unless those figures are completely wrong - 50% of the country aren't non-white - I was pointing out an observation usually exaggeration to make my point.

welcome to maturity my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    What shall we do about English people communicating in English to other English people whilst in Vietnam?

Shall we prosecute the entire Top Gear team for this gross travesty?

Let us know!
    yes, because the vietnamese set the standard for what we should do.
    if they let people do things over there, we better be damn sure we follow suit over here!

ReputationRep:
    if you actually think any of the polls or data that is collected and published is true then your blind to what is actually happening,

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear - cold hard facts not to your liking? Why am I not surprised?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you're such a tool. That is all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.