Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've only just realised how bad immigration is actually getting... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)

2) On maternity wards you can almost guarentee that the parents will not be white. Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim.

I literally felt like a minority in what is supposed to be a Christian country.

I doubt anyone watched it, but Muslim driving school illustrated a point to me which really got me thinking. A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home.

But I think the gates need closing now and there needs to an appeal to a lot of these people (first generation who have been here for under 5 years) to go home.
    Okay, I'm not denying you have some good points, however,

1) how does it work out over half of people who have children are apparently white, but you can almost 'guarantee' that there will be no white parents on a maternity ward?

2) Despite the fact that the head of State is also the head of the Church of England, in every other way England and probably Scotland and Wales too are essentially secular states now.

3) I did watch it and I got the impression that they had given up a wealthy life for a much less extravagant lifestyle in Britain - it was a step down for them -they didn't appear to have a huge house, butlers etc. I also didn't get the impression that they were heading off 'back home' as soon as the kids finished their education.

4) Redundant statement, as there are no 'gates' we can just close and many people consider Britain as their home anyway - particularly the younger generation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading some of these responses and realising that either a) most original post hasn't be read properly, or b) due to sheer laziness I haven't made myself completely clear, nor pointed out the numerous benefits of immigration - the reason I support it to an extent.

I am not saying all immigrants are Muslim, I am not saying immigrants are bad and most importantly I'm not saying immigrants should be made to leave. What I am saying, is that I believe that immigration has now gone too far, and that immigration should be controlled far more efficiently.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, to reword to your liking, sir. Labour (medical practitioners) is not being allocated efficiently (the abuse of the healthcare system by people usually of a foreign background).
    More immigrant asking for healthcare ---> more jobs in healthcare + more jobs in companies that produces medical gear ---> more people with spending money ---> more work even for your father whatever job he's doing right now.

And before bringing up false propaganda issues like "government does not have enough money" (sic.), do yourself a favour and learn how the banking system works. You could find good info only remaining within wikipedia, it's not rocket science.

I do see an issue though: the closing down of our companies that move to countries where people don't have toilet papers. That is destroying our wealth, not the immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the thread starter completely! and as for Britain being a multi-cultural country only works if the cultures entering respect the culture already here. Britain is so eager to soak up every one else's culture claiming to be a "multi-cultural country" that its sold its own identity off. Britain now couldnt hold a candle to Britain back in the day. It needs to grow a backbone and start looking after the people already here. Im not saying white people here either so no one try and claim rascism. People who are born in a country can full well claim that this is their nationality just as long as they also understand that just because their parents are for example from pakinstan doesnt mean that they are pakistanny themselves they are British, if their parents want to live in this country then they should respect it just as much as they would their own. The system these days look after immigrants a gell of a lot more than its own people. Its selling all british people out just to save face with the rest of the world. Britain needs to grow a back bone and not be afraid to say no **** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rabbits_eat_tigers)
    I agree with the thread starter completely! and as for Britain being a multi-cultural country only works if the cultures entering respect the culture already here. Britain is so eager to soak up every one else's culture claiming to be a "multi-cultural country" that its sold its own identity off. Britain now couldnt hold a candle to Britain back in the day. It needs to grow a backbone and start looking after the people already here. Im not saying white people here either so no one try and claim rascism. People who are born in a country can full well claim that this is their nationality just as long as they also understand that just because their parents are for example from pakinstan doesnt mean that they are pakistanny themselves they are British, if their parents want to live in this country then they should respect it just as much as they would their own. The system these days look after immigrants a gell of a lot more than its own people. Its selling all british people out just to save face with the rest of the world. Britain needs to grow a back bone and not be afraid to say no **** off.
    Aw poor you. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind most of the foreigners, its just the ******* muslims i hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    More immigrant asking for healthcare ---> more jobs in healthcare + more jobs in companies that produces medical gear ---> more people with spending money ---> more work even for your father whatever job he's doing right now.

I agree with what you are saying if we lived in a perfect market, however you aren't taking into account a few factors. For example, the costs of training more people to work in healthcare and the length of time it would take. At the moment the problem is that the demand for extra healthcare is not being met, instead causing medical practioners to meet 'targets' for the number of people they see, decreasing the time spent with them, thus lowering the standard of the service. Not to mention the equipment is becoming more limited and 'shared' between doctors to save on budgets. Many medical centres are now NHS sponsored private practises run by GP's who are ultimately looking to make a profit, often hiring nurses to do their jobs for them, in turn causing staff shortages in less appealing jobs - hospital wards etc.

ReputationRep:
    Britain isn't a Christian country and not all Christians are whites. Muslims are not a race and God knows where you got your figures about birth rates from.

ReputationRep:
    Close our borders for 10 years or more.

ReputationRep:
    There's too many coloured people in the country, both immigrant and non-immigrant. Britian, if it is to sustain any sort of collective culture and identity, must remain above 90% white - in much the same way that Japan must remain +90% Japanese, Nigeria +90% black and so on. This slow descent into global homogenisation is a very depressing thing.

ReputationRep:
    NHS lives off immigration, and non white people.
    immigrants=/= coloured

Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim
    Source? I didn't even know they collect data on materninty wards according to religion, or are you just going by ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    The government should seek to reform the NHS, its a good idea but perhaps outdated now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewk)
    i dont mind most of the foreigners, its just the ******* muslims i hate
    Why do you hate Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    My problem is not with immigration, or even immigrants. It is the people who move here, from a different country, with different beliefs, languages and customs and impose those beliefs, langauges and customs onto Britain. Britain isn't British anymore and this is NOT a good thing.

When the social cost is as high as it is do we really care about the economic cost?

I live in London, very near to an area where I, as a white Brit, am a minority. The closest thing I have to a friendly local store is a shop where I can't read any of the labels, I can't even tell you it's name because it is written in an alphabet that I do not understand. The people in the shop speak in their own language, I can't even ask them for help getting something from the top shelf because they simply do not speak English.

People should, by all means, be allowed to move to the UK and contribute to our economy and to our social structure but when they don't make an effort to even learn our language, when they say our queen is useless, when they say our government doesn't help them...it makes me angry and more than that, it makes me sad.

/rant>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardog32)
    'half' is expressive exaggeration. Immigrants also do tend to be coloured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    The image would have carried weight if those Nazi Canadians had actually invaded America or, indeed, attacked their own country. Or, even, if any of us had heard of any major uprisings from Canada. As is, the picture appears to be a satricial look at scaremongering. The term "fifth column", as you may well be aware, derives from the Spanish civil war, as General Mola declared, whilst marching to Madrid, that in addition to the four columns of men with him he had a fifth already infiltrating the city -- it's interesting, however, that his declared fifth column never really materialised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrew)
    Why do you hate Muslims?
    does it really not go without saying?

well, if not, i'l type the long list after my exam finishes @ 18.15

ReputationRep:
    I have always been fairly left-wing, supporting immigration, going on about how ethnic minorities should not be discriminated against, immigration wasn't too big of a problem etc. Often I waved off conversations about the extent of immigration, the loss of the nation's identity and grim predictions such as Britain becoming a Muslim country in the next 100 years, and the like, seeing them as over the top comments made out of ignorance.

Over the past few weeks however, I've really started noticing how serious the situation is. My aunt works as a GP in a 'walk in' centre in Buckinghamshire, and she has always voted labour and defended immigration. I was alarmed when she sat at a dinner table over Christmas and for about half an hour spoke about how:

1) Hours and hours of time and money are wasted on the NHS due to first generation immigrants from all places visiting 3 or 4 times per month for absolutely absurd things such as a cough, arguing with health professionals about the best treatment, demanding antibiotics despite being told they won't help. Then coming out with absurd comments about how 'Britain owes it to (insert country) for what you 150 years ago' Furthering the point, apparently figures from last month at this practise (situated in a town in which 80% of the population is supposedly white) 80% of patients were not from this country.

2) On maternity wards you can almost guarentee that the parents will not be white. Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how quickly this will become a problem.

After said conversation, I decided to pay more attention to what is going on around us, and that's when it hit me. Half this damn country isn't white anymore. I was in a train station last night with over 30 people in queues for tickets. I was the only white person. In town earlier this morning, the same story. I literally felt like a minority in what is supposed to be a Christian country.

I doubt anyone watched it, but Muslim driving school illustrated a point to me which really got me thinking. A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home. 2 of them were attending very competitive schools in this country, ie, taking away places for some children who would have stayed here after their education. The economic consequences of immigration are going to get very serious if this keeps going.

It's all well and good for us middleclass kids to sit around claiming that there isn't a problem with immigration. But there sure as hell is. I have no problem with immigrants. But I think the gates need closing now and there needs to an appeal to a lot of these people (first generation who have been here for under 5 years) to go home. Things are getting way out of hand.
    I am blonde with blue eyes, still i am an immigrant, i love this country. Do you hate me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewk)
    does it really not go without saying?
    Not really, no. I'm curious to know why you personally hate people that follow a specific religion, in this case, Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I have always been fairly left-wing, supporting immigration, going on about how ethnic minorities should not be discriminated against, immigration wasn't too big of a problem etc. Often I waved off conversations about the extent of immigration, the loss of the nation's identity and grim predictions such as Britain becoming a Muslim country in the next 100 years, and the like, seeing them as over the top comments made out of ignorance.

Over the past few weeks however, I've really started noticing how serious the situation is. My aunt works as a GP in a 'walk in' centre in Buckinghamshire, and she has always voted labour and defended immigration. I was alarmed when she sat at a dinner table over Christmas and for about half an hour spoke about how:

1) Hours and hours of time and money are wasted on the NHS due to first generation immigrants from all places visiting 3 or 4 times per month for absolutely absurd things such as a cough, arguing with health professionals about the best treatment, demanding antibiotics despite being told they won't help. Then coming out with absurd comments about how 'Britain owes it to (insert country) for what you 150 years ago' Furthering the point, apparently figures from last month at this practise (situated in a town in which 80% of the population is supposedly white) 80% of patients were not from this country.

2) On maternity wards you can almost guarentee that the parents will not be white. Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how quickly this will become a problem.

After said conversation, I decided to pay more attention to what is going on around us, and that's when it hit me. Half this damn country isn't white anymore. I was in a train station last night with over 30 people in queues for tickets. I was the only white person. In town earlier this morning, the same story. I literally felt like a minority in what is supposed to be a Christian country.

I doubt anyone watched it, but Muslim driving school illustrated a point to me which really got me thinking. A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home. 2 of them were attending very competitive schools in this country, ie, taking away places for some children who would have stayed here after their education. The economic consequences of immigration are going to get very serious if this keeps going.

It's all well and good for us middleclass kids to sit around claiming that there isn't a problem with immigration. But there sure as hell is. I have no problem with immigrants. But I think the gates need closing now and there needs to an appeal to a lot of these people (first generation who have been here for under 5 years) to go home. Things are getting way out of hand.

Only problem with this is that you can't just close our borders to people. We're in a heap of **** at the moment and it's not going to get better. Not that I support them, far from it, but the only party that would sort out immigration is the BNP, but they're never going to get in.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.