Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to apply for a part time position in Sainsbury's and I have to provide two personal or professional referees.

I recently worked for Royal Mail as an Xmas temp, but I don't know how to point this out in the online app, since it's asking for a person's name, address, email and number. Whose name should I provide? I had several managers in RM and I don't have their details. All the correspondence I have comes from "Royal Mail Group Limited"... Would it work if I just put the contact details of the local delivery center I worked for?

Thanks for any advice :o:

ReputationRep:
    They don't check references until after you have got the job, so at this stage it doesn't really matter. I was asked for my referees details at the interview and at my induction training so you can mention the problem then. But, if I were you I would just put one of your managers names down (whoever liked you best!) or the HR manager.

ReputationRep:
    Just put any manager down, if it is sent to someone who shouldn't be dealing with your reference, they will pass it on to the person who is responsible.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got any names T__T.

I should've asked.

They turned me down anyways. But thanks for your advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.