Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I thought I would open up a thread to attempt at least get to know a few people before starting the course. I probably wouldnt have much of a problem talking to people once I do get there I just thought I would get a head start to avoid the awkwardness and such.

I'll get it started with a brief introduction to myself.

My name is Chris and I originally come from Walthamstow in East London but moved to Romford Essex around 12 years ago. I hate being branded an Essex boy as I do not class myself as one. I am on a Gap Year at the moment which admittedly at times has seemed like a bad idea but I am trying to travel as much as possible in the next few months. I like reading a vast array of books which is handy as I'm guessing there will be a lot of that involved in this course lol. I am quite confident and open minded which will always lead to me talking to anyone.

Quite a vague intro but if you want to know more just ask.

I hope to see more intro's going up soon.

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpeake)
    Hi,

I thought I would open up a thread to attempt at least get to know a few people before starting the course. I probably wouldnt have much of a problem talking to people once I do get there I just thought I would get a head start to avoid the awkwardness and such.

I'll get it started with a brief introduction to myself.

My name is Chris and I originally come from Walthamstow in East London but moved to Romford Essex around 12 years ago. I hate being branded an Essex boy as I do not class myself as one. I am on a Gap Year at the moment which admittedly at times has seemed like a bad idea but I am trying to travel as much as possible in the next few months. I like reading a vast array of books which is handy as I'm guessing there will be a lot of that involved in this course lol. I am quite confident and open minded which will always lead to me talking to anyone.

Quite a vague intro but if you want to know more just ask.

I hope to see more intro's going up soon.

Chris
    Hi Chris - good luck with the course - have you posted a similar thread in the University of Westminster sub forum? Look under "London Unis" and you'll find it there.

Also Westminster has Facebook and Twitter and this is a good way of contacting and interacting with other students:

http://www.facebook.com/UniOfWestminster

http://twitter.com/Westminsteruni

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

My university experience so far has benn awful! First i was going, then i wasn't then i tried to apply through extra and had no luck thenn i got a place at westminster through clearing and i'm absolutely terrified!!!

But hi i'm Jade and i'm studying English Lit as of september the 20th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jogorman2)
    Hi there,

My university experience so far has benn awful! First i was going, then i wasn't then i tried to apply through extra and had no luck thenn i got a place at westminster through clearing and i'm absolutely terrified!!!

But hi i'm Jade and i'm studying English Lit as of september the 20th!
    Hi Jade, welcome! I'm Amy, doing Eng Lit at Westminster, and also nervous as hell!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jade

I just read your profile and wanted to let you know there is nothing to be worried about living in London. Ive lived in and around it for all my life and can happily help you with anything you need. I think it would be call to all meet up and then see what people know and want to know about London. Reply on here and if you have it add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=516543600.

Hope to hear from you soon x

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll all be ok ... i'm going into my third year at Westminster in two weeks and im doing English Lit with History. I'm sure You'll all love it the tutors as awesome and each one different. I love the course it self there's a really variety of modules.

There's no need to be nervous. As for meeting people it'll be a blast; you'll meet so many different people from such a variety of backgrounds; there's also always many abroad students who are here for only a term- so you get the chance to meet people from different countries too! I'll admit at first people tend to stick to themselves but that's expected just persevere and keep an open mind and you'll have a blast! I have made some of the best friends in life at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks for the advice

Im sure after a little while people are going to wish I kept myself to myself but hopefully people will warm to me im totally harmless and and just up for a laugh.

I hope other people are too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2010

University open days

1. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.