Turn on thread page Beta

is there such thing as 'too tall' for a girl? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    it's all relative really.

if you're a tall girl you just have to find a taller guy... unless you can find a guy who doesn't mind his girlfriend towering over him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrooru)
    observing girls and their height, it would appear that, unless a girl is extremely attractive (model standard), it's the shorter girls (5'2 - 5'8 or thereabouts) that gets all the attention from guys. girls who are 5'9/10 and over get less attention in clubs - only from the really tall guys - and find it hard to wear big heals because they reach beyond 6 foot in them. in the long term, a relationship may feel awkward unless there's a really strong connection between the guy, just because it looks and feels wrong for a girl to be taller than the guy.

anywho, i've gone on long enough. what are everyone's thoughts? is there a thing as being 'too tall' for a girl?
    I'll take a tall girl everytime. I'm 6'1-2" and the shortest girl I have been with was 5'10", the tallest was 6'5" (which was was awesome - I was boob height). I don't see why short women would be seen as more attractive, being genetically inferior to tall women you'd think there'd be few people attracted to them - I think most uy just take what they can get and short women are seen as easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrooru)
    observing girls and their height, it would appear that, unless a girl is extremely attractive (model standard), it's the shorter girls (5'2 - 5'8 or thereabouts) that gets all the attention from guys. girls who are 5'9/10 and over get less attention in clubs - only from the really tall guys - and find it hard to wear big heals because they reach beyond 6 foot in them. in the long term, a relationship may feel awkward unless there's a really strong connection between the guy, just because it looks and feels wrong for a girl to be taller than the guy.

anywho, i've gone on long enough. what are everyone's thoughts? is there a thing as being 'too tall' for a girl?
    It sickens me to see guys with really short girls who are a size 6 or something. It's like legal paedophilia.

I am about 5ft9/10 like you said and I am generally thought of as quite attractive but I see these little children-like women getting lots of attention. I think it's because they look cuter and biologically men want to look after them.

I prefer really tall guys anyway, who are 6ft and taller anyway as I hate towering above men. Also it makes me feel as if I am part of some power couple or something as we tower above everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    6ft and over is too tall. Anything between 5ft and 6ft is fine tbh. Ideal is around 5ft6 or 5ft7.

ReputationRep:
    Well for me anything between about 5 foot 5" to 6 foot is ok for me as I am 6 foot.

Anything higher or lower than that is a fail. Nothing worse than getting a sore back or getting the yellow pages out.

ReputationRep:
    Only in terms of looking like a good match.

I saw a seven foot bloke at uni today:eek3: That's much too tall imo.

I suppose from a distance if I walked with him, I'd look like his daughter.

ReputationRep:
    idk but this girl is 5'9 and sooooooo pretty it's ridiculous

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/912...0A760B0D811297
    I don't see why any guy wouldn't want to go out with her :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tallness is a masculine trait ugh. I would say anything over 5"7 is too tall for a girl

ReputationRep:
    Obviously there is such a thing as 'too tall' for a girl (or for any animal in fact). If I saw a 16ft girl walking my way, I would instinctively contemplate fleeing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Harlequinn Mask)
    It sickens me to see guys with really short girls who are a size 6 or something. It's like legal paedophilia.

I am about 5ft9/10 like you said and I am generally thought of as quite attractive but I see these little children-like women getting lots of attention. I think it's because they look cuter and biologically men want to look after them.

I prefer really tall guys anyway, who are 6ft and taller anyway as I hate towering above men. Also it makes me feel as if I am part of some power couple or something as we tower above everyone else!
    You sound like a monster! Hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlylwright)
    Unfortunetly that seems to be the case.
    God damn my 5'10 freak body.
    5'10 is ok, just don't wear massive heels. I knew a girl who was 6'3 or 4, thats when it gets too tall. I'm 5'11 myself though so someone taller might disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    5'10 is ok, just don't wear massive heels. I knew a girl who was 6'3 or 4, thats when it gets too tall. I'm 5'11 myself though so someone taller might disagree.
    Nah, I stay well away from heels, converses all way!
    And that really sucks - only catwalk models tend to be able to get away with being over 6 foot usually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    idk but this girl is 5'9 and sooooooo pretty it's ridiculous

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/912...0A760B0D811297
    I don't see why any guy wouldn't want to go out with her http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    I'll assume you're being sarcastic when you say she's pretty.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who is 6ft 4 and she hates it! gets random guys askin how tall she is when shes out, and she replies "why don't you go and ask that girl over there how much she weighs?" haha.
    she never wears heels either. but i dont think she has too much of a problem with guys generally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I'll assume you're being sarcastic when you say she's pretty.
    no....

ReputationRep:
    If a tall girl embraces her height then it's a beautiful thing (Gwendoline Christie for example (below) she was so amazing when I saw her in person)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/multime...lee_34968t.jpg

They just need to learn to use it as a confidence booster and a positive trait and it'll work for them.

I'd LOVE to be tall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Indigo)
    You sound like a monster! Hehe
    I was joking.

ReputationRep:
    the only unattractive thing about tall girls is when they stoop or bend their shoulders over to try and hide the fact they are tall.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Anything over 6ft.

ReputationRep:
    nay i'm 5'11 and love being tall, also love wearing heels luckily i'm small boned so don't look masculine...

its great to be tall, and tall girls should be proud! we have great genetics

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.