Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is there such thing as 'too tall' for a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    No. I may be the first guy to say it, but I wouldn't be bothered going out with a girl taller than me. I think this height thing is bs, programmed into us at the start of our lives that one of the partners has to protect the other and be masculine. FFS, this is the 21st century, a female can be a kickboxer, a male could be a jockey and still assume the correct gender roles without having to fit into some sort of neat equation that society would like it to be. 5 foot to 7 foot, if a girl is attractive, I'd still find her attractive.

Whether she wants to go out with me is another matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlylwright)
    I would. Same height or taller is fine.
    Shorter would make me feel a bit self-conscious though if im honest!
    i totally agree with this! im 5'9/5'10. I hardly ever wear heels as well as i just feel too self conscious!

ReputationRep:
    5"10 is a lovely height, i'd love to be that tall. Blake Lively is 5ft10 and i think she has the most amazing figure. Having feminine traits whilst being tall always goes really well. Tbh, who cares if people say it's too tall? You are what you are, do they want you to shrink a couple of inches just so you aren't as tall?! You're practically a foot taller than me, so yeah, im one of those size 6 girls whose really short, i've learnt to not give a damn about what others think of my height and size, because it's me that has to live with this body, not them. Embrace your height tbh, don't slouch either! If you want to wear heels, wear them and just love what you have.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'9 and cope but I'd rather be just a couple of inches shorter, IMO ~5'7 is the perfect height. And I know height can be a positive thing, but I've had it commented on in a negative way. And I sometimes feel massive when with my boyfriend who's only about an inch taller, feel like I should be more..small :indiff: Ah vell! :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was 5ft 9 or above.
    Tall women you have my greatest envy!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly - only us women!
    The short ones want to be taller, and the tall ones want to be shorter!
    We're just never happy are we!

height doesn't matter.

anyport in a storm....:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Anything above 5ft 9 is too tall

ReputationRep:
    Taller than me is too tall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Harlequinn Mask)
    It sickens me to see guys with really short girls who are a size 6 or something. It's like legal paedophilia.

I am about 5ft9/10 like you said and I am generally thought of as quite attractive but I see these little children-like women getting lots of attention.
    Hahahahaa, oh the jealousy. You poor thing, having to see guys with girls who don't look like you!

'It sickens me to see guys with really tall girls who are a size 14 or something. It's like blatant homosexuality.'

You sound like a total ****, to be perfectly frank, thinking you're superior to other women because you happen to have longer limbs than them. You think you're more of a woman than these 'children-like' women who are shorter than you? How does it make you feel knowing that you are more similar to the average man in height than the average woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartofglass)
    5"10 is a lovely height, i'd love to be that tall. Blake Lively is 5ft10 and i think she has the most amazing figure. Having feminine traits whilst being tall always goes really well. Tbh, who cares if people say it's too tall? You are what you are, do they want you to shrink a couple of inches just so you aren't as tall?! You're practically a foot taller than me, so yeah, im one of those size 6 girls whose really short, i've learnt to not give a damn about what others think of my height and size, because it's me that has to live with this body, not them. Embrace your height tbh, don't slouch either! If you want to wear heels, wear them and just love what you have.
    THIS.. and also...

http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/...115072_001.jpg

:love: her legs!! in fact, just in general
    she's so awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Anything above 5ft 9 is too tall
    little insecure? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Im 5 9, which is tall, but never feels as though its a bad thing..

ReputationRep:
    I think the Na'vi females were pushing it height-wise.

ReputationRep:
    Well there's that really tall girl on 'Take me out' who always get rejected by every man on there, it's so mean.

ReputationRep:
    If she's taller than you are then that's too tall. The man must be taller.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm around 5'6 ish, actually I don't know, where do you guys go to get yourself measured anyway?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Well there's that really tall girl on 'Take me out' who always get rejected by every man on there, it's so mean.
    omg I was just thinking of her! If she weighed a bit more and was more confident i.e. in her posture, I really think she would do alright!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWhitestGirlAlive)
    little insecure? :rolleyes:
    Not when you're asking

ReputationRep:
    anything taller than me....I'm 6ft 2/3", so practically impossible

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.