x Turn on thread page Beta

is there such thing as 'too tall' for a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellydee)
    THIS.. and also...

http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/...115072_001.jpg

:love: her legs!! in fact, just in general
    she's so awesome
    I know! Talk about girl envy! And she's wearing heels, and she doesn't care. Just fabulous. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Harlequinn Mask)
    It sickens me to see guys with really short girls who are a size 6 or something. It's like legal paedophilia.

I am about 5ft9/10 like you said and I am generally thought of as quite attractive but I see these little children-like women getting lots of attention. I think it's because they look cuter and biologically men want to look after them.
    Someone's bitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Harlequinn Mask)
    I was joking.
    Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm around 5"9-10, and I can say for a fact that it really is ALL to do with posture and attitude. No matter your height, if you walk scrunched in on yourself, your head lowered like a prison escapee, you're just sending out an insecure beacon - which will, inevitably, make you unattractive to pretty much anyone who glances your way.

If you dress in a way that smooths your body and makes you feel comfortable and lithe, have good posture and move like you love the skin you're in - people will join you and love/envy the skin you're in too.

Trust me - it's all to do with mojo.

Although, anything above 6"2...I think everyone can agree that's getting a little monstrous. For a girl. For a guy it's just tasty though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante's Not My Name)
    I can say for a fact that it really is ALL to do with posture and attitude. No matter your height, if you walk scrunched in on yourself, your head lowered like a prison escapee, you're just sending out an insecure beacon - which will, inevitably, make you unattractive to pretty much anyone who glances your way.
    I agree with this, but in all honesty I much prefer taller girls (being just over 6'3" myself), the ones I know tend to possess a natural confidence that just makes them seem more generally attractive and more fun to be with. Besides, it's just more convenient and I can relate to them more easily, it's a task trying to hug a girl in the lower 5' region unless they really have a thing for ribcages, and kissing is another thing altogether :P I'm not being derogatory in the slightest and don't think height matters at all to how I get on with a girl, I just can't see anything working with a girl below around the 5' 7" mark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante's Not My Name)
    I'm around 5"9-10, and I can say for a fact that it really is ALL to do with posture and attitude. No matter your height, if you walk scrunched in on yourself, your head lowered like a prison escapee, you're just sending out an insecure beacon - which will, inevitably, make you unattractive to pretty much anyone who glances your way.

If you dress in a way that smooths your body and makes you feel comfortable and lithe, have good posture and move like you love the skin you're in - people will join you and love/envy the skin you're in too.

Trust me - it's all to do with mojo.

Although, anything above 6"2...I think everyone can agree that's getting a little monstrous. For a girl. For a guy it's just tasty though.
    That's definitely true, if you slouch and draw attention to the fact you're uncomfortable with your height, people will notice. If you pull your shoulders back and look confident, you'll have no problem getting attention. I'm 5'9, I've got friends who are bother shorter and taller than me.

I know this girl who's hitting 6ft, and she's gorgeous, really slender and model-like.

Besides, you'll never get petite girls on the catwalk. :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hahaa I'm so short, 5ft2 and I hate it...people hold things above my head... not good lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggsy's Girl)
    That's definitely true, if you slouch and draw attention to the fact you're uncomfortable with your height, people will notice. If you pull your shoulders back and look confident, you'll have no problem getting attention. I'm 5'9, I've got friends who are bother shorter and taller than me.

I know this girl who's hitting 6ft, and she's gorgeous, really slender and model-like.

Besides, you'll never get petite girls on the catwalk. :p:
    Yeah you hit the nail better than I did - it's confidence! haha I tried that once, walking in a packed mall - I just pulled my shoulders back and down, held up my chain and walked like I was Audrey Hepburn. surprisingly it worked, people noticed me and guys turned to look back at me and whistle. Not that I want the attention, but it proves the point - confidence and good posture = appeal.

And i'm only decent-looking - my sister's 6'1" and she's an absolute stunner, she does a little modeling even though she's a mum!

ReputationRep:
    I could deal with a girl who was my height , it might weird me out a little but I could deal with it, anyone taller than 6'4 though would really freak me out to be with

ReputationRep:
    yh i could never go out with a gal over 6ft. just couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    ...5'8 isn't really short o_O

ReputationRep:
    I'm a tad over 6 foot the last time i checekd and i very rarely see Women who are taller than me with heels on.

I like it i do. I dont mind tall girls. Just not 6.3 tall :rofl:

Actually scrap that 6.3 isn't that taller than me just aslong as it's 6.3 with heels !!:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a friend who is 6ft ish, and she gets loads of attention from guys. She isn't really skinny and model like but she's really confident, still wears heels etc. and she gets plenty of attention!
    I suppose it depends on the person, and the guy. As i know some people can see it be intimidated by tall people.

ReputationRep:
    Oh FFS, all the comments about 'anything over *this height* is too tall, are clearly being made by absolute idiots.

I'm 6ft 2 and a half. I can't do anything about it. I can't shrink myself. I am what I am.

Far from not getting attention, I get PLENTY of attention, in fact if my friends and I are out wearing shorts, it's me getting the attention, as I'm the one with the long legs that look great in shorts!

I suspect the 'too tall' comments are being made my males, who have insecurities about the fact some girls are taller than them, when they should just learn to deal with it and move on!

We all know how this thread is going to turn out all the girls will say wear heels if you want to, their jealous of your long legs and great bum.

The boys will say they like all types of girls tall or short as long as they have an attractive face. Some will say as long as the girl isn't taller than me, then I'm fine. :yawn:

Good thing about being tall is, it separates the men from the boys. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellydee)
    THIS.. and also...

http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/...115072_001.jpg

:love: her legs!! in fact, just in general
    she's so awesome
    Oh I love Blake Lively, she is so pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    Far from not getting attention, I get PLENTY of attention, in fact if my friends and I are out wearing shorts, it's me getting the attention, as I'm the one with the long legs that look great in shorts!
    :rofl:

Let me see them please !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlylwright)
    Unfortunetly that seems to be the case.
    God damn my 5'10 freak body.
    I'm 5'10 :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    :rofl:

Let me see them please !!
    I'm afraid my boyfriend might have something to say about me flashing my legs on the internet!

Plus I'm at school, so not really appropriate right now! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i reckon its deff easier being shorter but so long as your not tall and massive theres no reason why stuff cant happen. i have tall mates that still have bf's

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.